Rank S

"So continuing with my explanation." Ego added. "There's five stages in the second selection, isn't there? Let me through, Miss Anri's informed me on most things" Y/n sighed, walking towards the gate that an arrow '1' was pointing towards. "...Alright" unfortunately, Ego had no choice but to let her enter the individual battlefield.

Under that stony expression of hers was like an excited little kid getting candy for the first time in her life. 'Can you not chill out? Your constant squealing is deafening me 😐' "Don't be jealous because you can't play physically" she snickered, covering her mouth with her hand to avoid laughing loudly. 'Wow you actually laughed, how rare 😒' Deep down he sighs and he's glad that she laughed.

When she arrived in the room, there stood a hologram goalkeeper. Everything was the same as Anri had described to her, except for the goals. '150 goals?? Aren't they underestimating you too much?' "I mean at least it's only 150 and not 200..." she mumbled, warming up a bit before starting the challenge.

The challenge was a breeze, her speed matched no one's, and the there was still a lot of time left. The goalkeeper was still there which made her confused due to the clear of challenge. Slowly, he walked to a corner nearby and started sulking, drawing imaginary circles on the floor.

Y/n sweat-dropped at the scene, having no choice but to comfort him by patting his back as he cried? 'I never knew holograms could cry 😟' "Leave him be, bro's prolly been through a lot" she whispered. 'Uh oh, stranger danger, seems that we've got trouble on our hands.' "Seems like that." Looking in front of her, she was met by a demon.

Bibi had been alerted and she immediately went to Y/n's side, handing over her polearm. "What's a puny little girl like you doing in a place full of boys?" the demon said, in a disgustingly raspy voice. "What's a gayass pedophile like you doing in a place full of little boys?" 'LOL ☠️'

"At least you're a girl.. Enough to help me get stronger" with that, he rushed towards her like a hungry madman. 'Bitchass is lower than a lower moon, should be easy for you right?' "Oh please, he's weak as shit" she'd mumble, decapitating the demon's head within seconds.

Watching the demon burn away, he wouldn't stop yapping and blabbering, throwing insult at her at any chance he gets. Fortunately for him, his death was sped up by another force, cutting him up into hundreds as he finally disappeared.

'My bad snookie, he got too annoying 😋😋' "Least he's dead without damage done to the building" she shrugged, getting out of the field once the automatic door opened by itself. She passed her polearm to Bibi who left via the 'Bibi tunnel' made by Ego, to avoid suspicions of course.

Stepping into the first stage, she was met by a pair of beautiful yet cold teal eyes. After another few seconds, a new player joined, he had luscious long earth colored hair. If Y/n didn't know any better, she would've assumed that he's a girl. "My, my, looks like I'm in a room with two glam people, my name's Aryu"

"Rank 2, Aryu Jyubei, I'm aware of that thanks" Y/n bluntly responded, which led to the outburst of Aryu in a weird pose, followed up by a mumbling of "Lukewarms" by the pair of teal eyes. 'Who the hell uses LUKEWARM as an insult ☠️☠️' due to there being presences in her area, she had to ignore the voice in order to not look stupid or weird.

Since Y/n was aware of the how the stages and second selection works, she began to talk, "So should we team up?", she asked. Ego's voice can soon be heard, "No, not yet, you're not joining them this easily, Y/n" "Fuck you mean nuh-uh??"

Ego then explained to her, saying that since she's an additional player, she's basically the prize. Her ranking was unknown to other players, therefore leaving them all confused. Realizing the small mistake he made, Ego displayed her rank on the board and on her sleeve. Rank S.

Shocked, everyone was shocked, including teal eyes, although he doesn't show it, that they didn't notice a 5th person in the room with them. "H-H-He's an S tier p-player?!!" he exclaimed, with anxious auras surrounding him. 'That's my pookiebear right there bitches 😌' "Since your rank is so high, you'll have to be won over by the teams" Ego pushed his glasses up, his hand was displaying Y/n's figure as a male.

"Wow, I'm an S tier.. How surprising" she said like it was not big of a deal. She truly didn't understand why her rank was so up high, considering the fact that she just learnt about football 2 weeks ago. "The rest of the unpolished gems can team up and wait for another team in the waiting room" was the last thing Ego said before the television turned off.

Hearing that instruction, Y/n became unsure of what to do. Anri didn't tell her about her being the 'prize' or whatever, this had officially bummed her out. However, thanks to the informations Anri gave her, she figured that it'd be best to move on to the second stage. "I guess I'll see you guys later" she gave them a small nod before heading her way to the second stage, as the 'prize'.

"Let's win her over." said the person who possesses the pair of ethereal teal eyes.

(944 words)
(Published : 27th of Nov, 2023)
(Edited  : 27th of Nov, 2023)