His Name?

"Since there's basically five of us now, does this mean we skip to the 3rd selection right away?" Y/n asked, staring at the black screen. "Of course not. One of you will be getting a free ride there" as expected, Ego appeared. "But isn't that unfair?" Bachira giggled. "Bold of you to assume that he's a fair person" she stiffled a laugh. "You've got a point there, looks like we'll get along just fine" he hooked an arm around her, bringing her closer to him with a huge cheerful smile.

That being said, since there's no one to match up with right now, the four of them decided to take a break and head to the cafeteria. They had to force Rin to tag along of course, it ended up in a disaster which resulted in Y/n dragging him there. Arriving at the cafeteria, Y/n noticed Bachira wandering off so she decided to follow him, just in case. "Hey Y/n, see that guy there? He's my friend!" her eyes followed his finger, which led to her meeting Isagi eye to eye. His eyes averted her once he saw the male next to her, "Bachira?!", he called out.

He'd giggled as he walked over to Isagi, waving like a child. "This must be Rengoku?" "Y/n is fine, theres no need for formalities really" she sighed, rubbing her neck. "Say Y/n, how old are you?" Bachira asked. "18" "You're a senior eh?"

"No?" 'Not in the corps you bimbo ☠️ he meant between you guys right now 🤡' "Oh, yeah I guess?"

"Which is it?.." both male sweat dropped at her answer. "Yeah..." she smiled, awkwardly. As in a very little curve at the corner of her lips with her eyes slightly narrowed.

Timeskip (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ

Eating with Bachira and Isagi was a whole new feeling for her. In truth, she's mostly alone whenever she ate back at the flame hashira's estate. Even if she was eating with someone, it's either Kyojuro when he's at home, or Giyuu during training breaks. If she had to be honest, it was quite a nice change, to have friends to eat with other than her brother and her senior (she assumes Giyuu doesn't seem to be interested in being friends with her, therefore calling him a senior. Little did she know, sigh).

Meditating in the training room, the voice started speaking to her. 'You're meditating... It's disturbing 😰' "Let me have my peace" she replied after taking a deep breath. 'No, it's like you're trying to exorcise me 😔😔' "Come to think of it, you never told me your name" 'Well you never asked 😒' Just when she was about to ask, someone entered the room. Y/n thought it was one of her teammates but their presence doesn't feel like theirs, so she had to open her eyes to check. It was a boy with fluffy hair covering his eyes. "Sorry if I disturbed you..." he mumbled. She shook her head, "It's okay, I was just about to finish anyways"

She got up from the yoga mat and stretched herself for a bit. 'Why is his hair like that 😧' Y/n watched as he made his way to a football, something felt... Off. Upon closer inspection, she saw a mark on the football, very small and unnoticeable for normal people. 'Demon.. Lower moon 2..' her eyes slightly widened, while Niko made his way towards the door. "Hey Niko, can I train with you?" she skipped towards him, sending a signal to Bibi using the small button on her voice changer. "Yeah sure" he nodded, letting her take the football from his hands. 'Well then, what should I do with you...' 'Well you might reveal your slayer identity, so what CAN you do?'

Walking into the field of fake grass, she placed the demon-ball down and kicked it as hard as she could, startling Niko at the same time. "I-IT HURTS" the ball shouted from across the field. "No shit it does, what are you doing here, Lower 2?" "Under Lord Muzan's command and the new shifting blood art he gave me!! Hold on. How did you realize?.." Just when he finished, Bibi came in with her weapons, dropping them down on the ground. "Niko, give me a few minutes" she used her foot to kick up her polearm, catching it with her hand. "Demon slayer?! No, hashira?!!" it exclaimed, shifting back to its original form.

"Don't worry, I'm probably current the weakest hashira" she detached the polearm in two, becoming swords in her hands. "Then-" "Flame breathing : 1st form : Unknowing Fire" she whispered. the demon got too cocky at her words, but before he could even finish his sentence, he was ended by her swords. Niko, standing at the sidelines, was 'FLABBERGASTED 😧, why he looked like that ew, thank God you killed that shit' "He looks straight out of hell lmao" Y/n scoffed, turning to Niko, "You alright, Niko?". She placed her hand on top of the shorter male's head, gently ruffling his fluffed hair. 'Reminds me of Senjuro... I should visit home sometimes' Y/n smiled. "Yeah.. I'm fine" he slowly nodded.

Y/n had to explain about demons and the demon slayer corps, everything except for her identity. Fortunately, Niko was fast to understand, he also promised to keep it a secret. She thought that since she was already here, might as well actually train with Niko instead of being here just kill that demon. Bibi, came back with a ball after keeping the weapons away in her room.

'Have fun for now Y/n, when the time comes you'll know who I am <3'

(956 words)
(Published : 3rd of December, 2023)