Gruesome, Cruel, What Else?

"Explain yourself, Freya" she looked like an ant compared to the woman in front of her. "There's nothing to explain, however, I will say this," she shrunk herself down to Y/n's height, "You, little Rengoku, are now apart of the Minokuchi Hebihara clan"

The lady draped her clothing to just slightly below her collarbone, revealing the snake mark on the right side of her neck to her shoulder, she could see the tail of the snake on Freya's hand. "Minokuchi? You guys died millennials ago"

"See now I'm not that old and I'm offended."

"Can't help it can I?"

The older woman just clicked her tongue in annoyance, continuing "That boy, Vazrith, he's my younger brother. An outcast of the clan, the only one without the acknowledgement from the snake god, Orobashi."

She added another explanation to that, saying "You two 'merged' together apparently, it was only your souls but you had somehow taken in some of his DNA as well, so that's something I'll need to research on"

Taking in what she said was not a problem to Y/n, it's bizarre alright but she's used to this by now. "How about you witness history itself darling?" Freya moved from her spot, revealing what seemed to be a large broken piece of glass.

"It's a piece of memory, Vazrith's memory" Y/n only nodded at her statement, walking in without a second thought.

It felt like something sucked her soul into the memory. She braced herself for the impact that never happened. She hesitantly opened her eyes, just to see herself in a younger boy's body.

In the real world ¯\(°_o)/¯

Reo had his head resting on his hand, watching the peaceful Y/n sleeping, making sure she's still breathing. 'That seal on her chest changed.. does she know about it?' he kept his mind busy, moving a strand of hair away from her face.

"You alright Reo?" Chigiri asked, leaning forward to see the said guy's face. "Yeah, just a bit worried.." he shrugged, he couldn't help but have a bad feeling about all this, about Y/n's future in general.

As if reading his mind, Chigiri reassured him by saying, "I'm sure she'll pull through, she's strong after all" and patted Reo's shoulder. "Yeah" 'That's not what I'm worried about. Comparing her to us of course she's strong but she's currently the second or third weakest among the hashiras.' The boy could only sigh and hope for the best.

Kurona noticed something wrong with Y/n, at the very same time as Nagi, who immediately sat up. "Guys.. she's not breathing" an easy sentence to grab everyone's attention. Reo was the first to react, feeling if her heartbeat was still going.

He sighed when he felt that it is. Although, not long after she opened her eyes, shocking all four of them. "So this is the girl's body, not bad kid" Reo and Kurona were the first to notice the change of aura and 'Her eye color..' both thought.

"Where's Y/n."

"Calm down boy, she's witnessing true history as we speak. I'm just here to tell you to not wake her up whether she's breathing or not"

"But-"

"No buts, if she's pulled out from the dreamscape by force she will die."

They were silenced, and with a sigh Reo agreed to the condition. With that, she closed her eyes and went back to where she originally was. Y/n's unconscious body slumped down, almost falling off the bed when she was caught by Nagi.

He looked to Reo, "So what do we do?" he asked carefully laying Y/n back down on the bed. "Watch. There's nothing we can do other than hope she'll wake up soon" Just then Ego came inside the room with Anri next to him.