Their Prize

She realized that the waiting room Ego mentioned was actually the third stage. So she had to move on to the fourth stage, while the voice of hers laughed at her.

Waiting in the second selection's fourth stage was more boring than she thought, not only does she have to wait for the winning team to come "pick her up", she also had to sit around like a statue with absolutely nothing to do.

Eventually, Bibi came to the rescue, "Bibi has received a message from an unknown number", she popped out of the vent built for her. 'An unknown number? 😱' "Probably someone from the corps" "Should I display it, mum?" Bibi said, in her robotic pitched voice. "Yeah, could be important"

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Y/n, I'm the Master's assistance.

Yh sup

There's a side mission for you
that concerns Mr. Kyojuro as well.

Huh?
Can't he like, yk, deal w it on his own?
Is he not strong enough or sum?

Of course he is.
However, I have a bad feeling
about this mission.. So I
texted you to see if you'd
be up for it too. - Master

A bad feeling?
Ight if it reassures u I'll join too

Very well, thank you
Miss Y/n
The location will be on the Mugen train.

Hol up
U mean the old ass train that's
still working?? That's a literal
antique atp

Language. I'm pretty sure that's unrelated
to the mission since it's still
running. - Master

Right..
When is it nyways?

We'll text you again on the
night of the mission
I trust that you're fast enough
to arrive on time? - Master

Ofc
I'm only like 5th to Uzui's speed

Thank you again, Miss Y/n.
We'll talk to Mr, Ego about
this situation.

Yh laters

Goodbye.
Seen by Y/n

Y/n has saved xxx-xxx-xxxx's number as
'Master's speaker'

'A mission where Kyojuro can't handle it? High chance he might die 🤔' "Are you trying to mess with me right now? There's no way he'll die" she scoffed, patting Bibi after she turned off the display. 'But there's a high chance 😋' "Then I'll make you go protect him"

'Ugh I'll have to possess your sorry ass for that 😒' "Better than him dying" she crossed her arms, (im)patiently waiting for her future team. "And who the fuck are you talking to?" Ego suddenly popped up as a hologram, standing right in front of her.

"Nunya"

"Nunya?"

"Nun ya business, Vector" 'LOL GOT 'EM 😈😈'

Ego disappeared after a few seconds, making Y/n quietly cheer on her so-called victory. His disappearance followed up with an ongoing match on the television between 2 teams from the third stage. Immediately, she recognized the first team.

"Itoshi Rin, Aoshi Tokimitsu, Aryu Jyubei huh.. What an unbalanced team. I'm basically watching 3 dpses" she mumbled to herself. She tried to remember the players on the opposing team, only to realize that she'd forgotten. Bibi, being her rescuer, displayed the players name and stats.

Team white: Isagi Yoichi, Bachira Meguru and Nagi Seishiro. "I guess this one is kind of balanced? Nagi's a dps, Isagi can be a support and sub dps, same as Bachira" she hummed, sort of satisfied with the team. 'What're you yapping about again? 👁️👄👁️' "Leave me alone."

Although she thought that the team was balanced, she knew who'd win. The differences between the two teams were simply too big, and she was right. Team white scored the first goal, but in the end team red still beat them 5 to 2 within minutes, the younger Itoshi being the MVP of the game.

'Even though white was able to create something new, in the end the stronger still wins' "That's quite obvious, isn't it?" she closed her eyes, visualizing what it'll be like when she joins the team. She then opened her eyes, watching as team red choose to steal Bachira Meguru. She quickly ushered Bibi to go back to her vent.

After a minute or so, the door opened, revealing the winners of the previous match she watched. The moment Bachira laid eyes on her, his mood changed from sad to excited curiosity. He waved to her like a kid, with sparkles in his eyes. Tokimitsu also waved to her but unlike Bachira, it was more of a nervous kind of way.

Aryu didn't have any reaction, he was just... Well, playing around with Y/n's hair, comparing it to his. She didn't seem to mind it though, which was a plus for him. Rin, on the other hand, was already regretting his decision for teaming up with these guys.

A few more minutes of silence went by, which made the dual hair colored boy speak. "So you're the new Player, Rengoku was it??" he scooted closer, waiting for her response. "Y/n's fine" she nodded, noticing Bibi's giggle from her vent. "Then Y/n, I'm Bachira Meguru!" "I know"

"You know me? How come? We've never met before" he tilted his head, looking at her like she's some sort of sorcerer. "Miss Anri gave me some recaps and all the informations about you guys" 'And yet you forgot who they are ☠️ be glad that Bibi was there to save you 😚'

Y/n could do nothing but irk as the voice talked. Quickly calming herself down when another male spoke. "You're our 'prize' aren't you? I hope you're not as lukewarm as the previous team" he coldly said. 'Giyuu 2.0? Or calm Sanemi 2.0? 🤨🤨'

"Anyways, congrats on winning, I'll be in your care, for now that is" she glanced at him, looking away once she's got another glimpse at his teal eyes. 'Oh my god, he's got the whore lashes 👀' 'Bitch can you not' 'Sorry pookie 🙏'

(971 words)
(Published : 27th of Nov, 2023)
(Edited: 30th of Nov, 2023)