Part One: Chapter I

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚  ☁️
☁️

MingiS
yo dude
u at work yet?
10:13

ugh ofc u are
wanted to ask if we're still up for 2night
10:18

just text me back
10:21

San slammed the door of the cop car right into the face of a freshly arrested criminal when he felt his phone vibrating. He was almost certain it was from his pain in the ass best friend asking for confirmation to their weekly meetup at the bowling alley.
Just as regularly as their meetups was Mingi's making sure they're 'still up for tonight', caused by his nervous disposition only San and his mother knew of.

Mingi always played it off as 'not wasting his precious time' but it actually kept him from having a nervous breakdown not knowing the plan for the day, crippling him from getting any work done until confirmed.

But that's Mingi and it was fine because Mingi was his ride or die.
Even though San rather felt like dying when dealing with Mingi and his dumb ideas getting them in trouble and his stupid wide laugh and this childlike glint in his eyes when he finally made San laugh and-

Yeah maybe San didn't feel like dying when dealing with Mingi.

Choi to the San
ofc we r still on u fcking idiot
10:31

see u tonight
10:33

San's day was still long though until their bowling night and he was currently scanning the streets for criminals with the help of his Incredicar's built-in AI, guiding him through the streets of Metroville.

San had only caught five villains so far and it was already nearing 11AM which would be a negative record for him if he didn't get to work right about now.

This wasn't a rare occurrence these days, he had to admit.
No, it kept getting harder keeping his form of 'best super hero' of the city, and there could only be one reason for that: Flexiboy.

The new hero who came out of nowhere and was taking the criminals right out of San's palm with a shining smile and endlessly stretchy limbs. Like a parent holding a toy over the head of a child he teased him, knowing San could never reach it, yet still cruelly egging him on with his piercing black stare.

If San didn't already know his superpower he would assume the redhead could stare into souls with those dark eyes hidden under his red mask and that of playful mischief.

As if it was nothing for him catching criminals and breaking San's records one by one, as if it was nothing slowly eating away San's confidence, nothing to be at the same rank as him now, even though San would never admit that.

And there was also nothing San could do, no matter how much harder he worked, how much more he trained, how many more muscles and strategies and AI's he acquired, nothing would ever be enough.

Soon he won't even be Number Two next to Flexiboy and fall completely under the radar-

The siren from his GPS suddenly pulled him back to the here and no, out of his spiraling thoughts he only attributed to Mingi.
He realized he landed at a warehouse on the outskirts of town. The area was sketchy and known to have a higher crime rate.

Basically consisting of rows and rows of decaying factory buildings, it shut-down for not meeting the environmental requirements from the government.

As helpful as the environmental campaign was back then, it also failed to create alternatives for former workers, leaving most of them unemployed and forced to turn to criminal activity.
Unfortunately that forced superheroes to take the hit for the government and deal with this new wave of 'criminals'.