Chapter VIII

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁️
☁️

The next morning San awoke to his phone ringing obnoxiously in his ears, abruptly tearing him from his well deserved sleep.

"What the.." he stretched his arm out in the direction of the noise, feeling for the phone. When he finally grasped it, he accepted the call without checking the caller ID, assuming it was just Mingi anyway. Too tired to confirm, he answered it anyway.

"What is it?" his groggy voice seeping of sleep.

"Oh, ehm... San?" The voice on the other end asked. In his half asleep state San thought that Mingi's voice had gone back to puberty again judging from the high octave of it.

"Hmm, yea?" He mumbled, not able to stifle a yawn.

He heard some shuffling on the other side.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

San was getting agitated at that point, why wouldn't Mingi just get to the fucking point already?!

"Yes you did. Now what the fuck do you need, Mingi!?"

"Mingi? San, it's Wooyoung."

San abruptly sat up, all sleep seemingly leaving his body, eyes torn open as widely as his jaw.

"You know what, I'll just call you back-" 

Wooyoung started to pull back, but San didn't let him.

"Wait, no! I thought you were a friend of mine. Sorry for cursing," San apologized, his checks sporting a deep crimson. How could he be so stupid? Thinking Wooyoung was Mingi when their voices sounded nothing alike. While Mingi sounded like turning on a lawn mower in an endless loop, Wooyoung's voice was much softer and higher in comparison. Not that he analyzed his voice or anything, the younger just loved to talk.

"Wow, I'm hurt. I thought I was a friend of yours!" He said in a fake offended voice. 

San could already imagine how he pressed his palm to his forehead, head facing the skies and eyes closed for extra effect. Or maybe it was just his sleep immersed brain making up weird shit.

"Don't worry though, you're not the first one to curse me out today!" His voice sounding cheery all of a sudden. This man should seriously seek some help for his mood swings, San really had trouble keeping up with him.

"Anyway, what do you need?" San deflected, his tiredness seeping back in now that the adrenaline rush ran out. 

Wooyoung gasped as if San just insulted his grandmother.

"It's obviously about the fun mission! I gave it a new name by the way. We're gonna call them 'fun missans'!" He proudly declared, his smile practically audible.

"No way in hell I'll call it that."

Wooyoung gasped yet again, "Yes, you will! I made that name up for you!" 

"I didn't ask you to make shit up! Also, it's 8 in the morning on a Saturday, why are you up so early?" San asked, truly confused why the other was bothering him so early on a weekend.

"I told you! We'll go on our first fun missan today. So get up and get ready, I'll meet you outside in an hour!"

"What? No I-" San tried to say, but Wooyoung already hung up on him.

Confused and tired, San called him right back, "Pick up, pick up, pick up."

"Oh, hi San! What's up?" He heard on the other end.