Chapter IX

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚  ☁️
☁️

"Yunho is flash!"

San had to process that statement first. Well yeah, Yunho did seem familiar and he couldn't put a finger on it, and there was also the fact that the taller disappeared out of nowhere when they parted ways at the entrance. But he never would've put two and two together and concluded it was the Flash!

After all, San was sort of a fan of his work, in the public eye he was seen as the helpful boy from next door, always appearing seemingly out of nowhere when someone needed help, doing his work quickly and efficiently and disappearing again.

And apparently he even managed to run such a big scale side hustle next to his full time job as a hero! San deduced that could only be possible because the taller could switch places in the matter of seconds. And so he developed an even bigger fascination for him. 

"Why would the Flash be friends with you?" San asked after his internal fanboy finally calmed down.

"Excuse me!? Why wouldn't he? I'm awesome!" Wooyoung defended, hand pressed to his chest offendedly.

"Sure you are.." San said, tone subsiding into sarcasm. 

Thinking about it now, Wooyoung and Yunho were kind of similar in a sense that both radiated golden retriever energy when you got to know them. They were also overly affectionate, at least to each other. San tried his best to emit 'don't touch me' energy at all times next to Wooyoung and even that couldn't stop the younger from teasing him physically now and then.

"So what next?" San changed the subject, not having the brain capacity to think any more on his free day. He was here to have fun after all.

"Can I choose our next activity?" Wooyoung asked, giving San his best puppy eyes that didn't even make San bat an eye. 

"Fine! Just stop looking at me like that." He finally relented, shuddering from the view.

After hearing the confirmation, Wooyoung immediately got up and pulled San up from his wrist, dragging him all the way towards the indoor area of the park. Upon entering the building though, San was left astonished, looking around with wide eyes. 

The inside was like out of a science fiction movie, it was dark and the only light illuminating the space were LED lights, prettily complimenting the room structure. Each wall was adorned with floor-to-ceiling screens displaying characters from various video games, there were rows and rows of arcade machines, VR-games, virtual shooting booths and so much more. San couldn't get enough just looking at all the stimuli, he had to try them all out.

Wooyoung glanced at San from the side expectantly, "It's cool, right?"

San looked back at him, "It's not cool. It's fucking fire!" He exclaimed, the fire in his eyes burning just as brightly. Wooyoung smiled brightly at the encouragement. 

"Come on, what are we waiting for?" This time it was San pulling the other with him, leading them to a virtual shooting station straightaway.

They arrived at the station and each grabbed a gun which was connected to the big screen, already showing zombies stumbling their way. The goal of the game was to shoot as many zombies as possible and the person who shot the most once the timer ended, won the game. Not long after the start timer flashed on the display and they both started shooting at the creatures vigorously, killing one after the other.