Chapter XIII

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚  ☁️
☁️

"Who's gonna fly this thing?"

The heroes standing in a circle all looked at each other, searching for someone to come forward. None of them showed any signs of willingness, looking just as lost and helpless as the other. Only on Wooyoung's face did San notice some hesitation.

"You can fly, right?" He addressed him directly.

"I-I.."

That was an obvious yes.

"What's the matter?" San questioned, they needed to get on with the mission already.

Wooyoung couldn't meet anyone's eyes, determined about staring a hole into the ground.

"I can't take this responsibility. What if something bad happens and the mission... or what if one of you gets hurt because of me?"

Are those really insecurities San heard leaving his mouth? Of course San knew all too well about being insecure, he just didn't expect Wooyoung to address them so openly in front of all of them.

Yunho approached him amidst his confession, pulling him into a side hug and whispering presumably comforting phrases into his ear. Soon after Armor also joined the duo, building a new little circle and said, "Wooyoung, we're all responsible adults and agreed to this," -which was still a miracle to San as to why- "and if anything happens we have no one to blame but us!"

Even Mingi chirped in to convince him, "Exactly! You just have to bring us to the creepy abandoned island! The rest is on us."
A collective groan was heard from the rest, what the fuck kind of argument was that? Now San felt responsible to correct his friend's Fauxpas.

"Woo they're right," he started, "Except Mingi of course," shooting the taller a piercing glare. He joined the new smaller circle and continued, "Nobody would think it's your fault if something happens. Just get us to the island,"

San tried to convey all his emotions in his eyes when looking at Wooyoung, "please,"

He must've felt bad for them because he sighed deeply, giving Yunho's shoulder one last squeeze and stepped out of the circle. Stretching his arms out and cracking his knuckles, he smirked, "Alright, what are we waiting for?"

San watched the endless ocean spread underneath him in the 180 degree view of the cockpit. They've been flying for about an hour now, Wooyoung doing an excellent job so far transporting them safely. Speaking of, the younger was currently sitting in the pilot's seat, pushing and pulling some buttons San didn't know the meaning of. The others were nestled in the back, either sleeping or trying to collect themselves for what was about to come. San decided to join Wooyoung in the cockpit, wondering if he was doing okay after his previous anxiety induced confession.

"How's it going?" He asked from the copilot's chair, facing the younger.

"Fine, San. Stop worrying."

"I'm not worried!"

Wooyoung chuckled amused, "Sure you're not," putting on the autopilot and facing San now, "Why are you here then?"