Chapter XIV

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁️
☁️

"How the fuck are we going to get home?"

Once again the group looked at each other cluelessly, having nothing to offer but themselves. After some moments of unease, suddenly Armor spoke up, "I think I have an idea,"

He walked to San and Wooyoung's abandoned guard uniforms strewn around carelessly in the sand, shuffling around in search for something. Finally he plucked something from the pile of clothes, holding up a small radio transmitter.

"I saw the guards use this with each other," he joined the others with the device in hand, "Maybe I can contact someone from the mainland with it,"

He proceeded to tweak and play around with the settings of the widget, trying to get the right frequency. When he was done a static could be heard from the speakers, and Armor tried his luck.

"Jongho, do you copy?"

Wooyoung's eyes popped from their sockets, having to repress a snort. He looked at Yeosang knowingly and shoved his side.

San didn't know what this behavior was about but whoever that Jongho was, he took his sweet time to answer.

A couple moments passed when there was cracking sound on the other end and a voice saying, "Who is this?"

A collective sigh sounded in the group, relieved their call didn't meet deaf ears.

"Jongho, it's me Yeosang! I need your help,"

Another silence, then, "What's wrong baby? And why are you on radio?"

"Jongho this is serious! I'm stranded on an island-"

"Wait, what? How did y-"

"There's no time for questions! Can you pick us up?"

"Us? What- Never mind. Give me the coordinates, I'll see what I can do."

Yeosang gave him the location as well as he could, ending the call with, "Thanks. I love you, bye!"

Yeosang hurriedly turned off the device, too embarrassed to hear the response. He did hear the response of a chortling Wooyoung though, hitting the blushing hero repeatedly on his upper arm.

"You're such a simp, oh my god!"

Slowly San understood the connection and Wooyoung's teasing behavior, feeling stupid for reacting so sulky when him and Yeosang shared close physical contact, when Yeosang was in a relationship anyway. He didn't know why that made him feel some kind of relief.

"How long is this gonna take?" Mingi groaned, throwing himself back in the sand impatiently.

"We're lucky we have a way out," San scolded, hitting the taller's chest, "Thank you, Yeosang. I'm glad you came with us," he said addressing Armor, still in Wooyoung's clutches.

Unclear of how long they had to wait, Yunho started to build a fire from some twigs lying around, expertly creating a spark from rubbing the woods against each other with his super speed.