Chapter VII

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁️
☁️

"When was the last time you had fun?"

San was feeling weirdly offended by the question, not understanding how and why Wooyoung came up with such a presumption out of nowhere. Was it because he only had one serving of ice cream? Is that such a crime!?

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he scoffed, crossing his arms.

Wooyoung let out a little laugh at that, "Exactly!"

San was starting to get pissed by now, the audacity of this man was really beyond him. 

"Yah! Watch your mouth!"

For some reason that only made the other laugh out even more, now clutching his belly from chortling so hard. San on the other hand felt ridiculed from the other's behavior and took to sulking, turned away from the hyena like sounds the redhead produced.

When Wooyoung calmed down from his laughing fit, swiping a stray tear from his eye, he finally acknowledged the unamused state San was in. He tried to establish eye contact but San wouldn't budge, still facing away from him.

"Fine, two can play this game." 

Wooyoung muttered and proceeded to crack his neck. He looked around to make sure that nobody was watching, noticing they were the only ones at the parlor.
He straightened out his back and after one last deep breath he started elongating his neck in San's direction, so that he could be face to face with him. San could see Wooyoung's head nearing from the corner of his eye and as soon as he realized the other's antics, he turned even further away, making Wooyoung do a 180 degree turn, following the motions of San's head.

This went on for a little while until Wooyoung circled the taller like a damn boa. None of them were happy about this cat and mouse play but equally as stubborn, San adamant on avoiding the eyes of the shorter, Wooyoung convinced about establishing face to face contact.
Only when San was so tightly wrapped in Wooyoung's neck that he couldn't move, and Wooyoung apparently ran out of neck space to bear, both their movements came to a stop.
Coincidentally the position they were in forced their faces to be only centimeters apart from each other, so much so that San could feel the other's breath on his skin. As if they weren't close enough already, mischief flashed in Wooyoung's eyes and he decreased the distance, stopping just for a moment to look deep in San's eyes, only to whisper, "I won."

And like a flash he retracted his neck, his rubber like skin recoiling so fast that it caused San whiplash. Momentarily forgetting who and where he was, he rubbed his eyes and shook his head.

That was intense

Why was everything the shorter did so intense? San was really tired of Wooyoung immobilizing him with his filthy tactics, knowing exactly that San became nervous when it came to physical contact and shamelessly taking advantage of it.

"Okay but seriously, San. When was the last time you really had fun?" Wooyoung began to question him again, this time in a more calm and collected manner. 

"I'm not asking to make fun of you, I swear!" He raised his arms in surrender.

San gave him an incredulous look but the question made him think nonetheless. When was the last time, in fact? Well, he had fun bowling with Mingi the other day, sure. He also had fun at work, helping people was his life goal after all. There was also playing with Byeol which gave him joy. Wasn't that enough fun?

Instead of answering him, San opted for a counter question.
"Why do you wanna know?"

Wooyoung looked at him with an inexplicable expression, but there was a hint of a smile playing on his lips.