Part Two: Chapter I

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  𓆩⟡𓆪  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*+:。.。 🤍 。.。:+*

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

A beeping sound and the loud vending machine woke San up, eyes blinded by bright artificial lights blaring in his face. He sat up, noticing his body ache from the uncomfortable position on the chair, before realizing he was in an unfamiliar room. When he noticed he was in a hospital room the memories immediately flooded back into his brain. He shot up to check on Wooyoung who was lying on the bed in the middle of the room, plugged to multiple tubes and respirated with a breathing mask. The beeping wouldn't stop, accompanied by the voices of San's guilty conscience.

This was all his fault. All of it. Wooyoung didn't deserve any of this, why did Syndrome have to punish him for San's mistakes? He could never forgive himself for what he did to Wooyoung, he's such a bad friend, a bad hero, a bad person-

He felt something grab his hand, looking down at Wooyoung who slowly blinked his eyes open. With his free hand he shakily took off the respiratory mask, taking a deep breath on his own.

"San-ah," he croaked, "Stop thinking so loud,"

San couldn't trust his eyes, in his mind he had been already planning Wooyoung's funeral, devastated if his new nemesis would be Armor.

"Oh my god, Wooyoung. You scared the shit out of me," he dropped his head, a relieved sigh leaving his lips.

In a stricter tone he added, "Never do that again!" Lightly swatting his arm.

"I didn't do anything.." The younger muttered, rubbing his arm, dramatic as ever, but still holding onto San's hand tightly.

"Are you in pain? Should I call a nurse?"

"I'm fine, Sannie. You worry too much."

"Wooyoung, did you look around? You know you're in the hospital, right?"

"Looks worse than it is," he said, trying to sit up but wincing in pain, San having to help him into a sitting position, "See?"

"You're such a fucking idiot-"

"Yah! What did you just call my bestie?" Armor suddenly exclaimed from behind him, entering with a cup of coffee in hand.

"Yeo-yeo! You're here, too?" The redhead lightly gasped, attempting to raise his arms but failing disgracefully.

"Of course I'm here, you almost died,"

San shot the newly arrived hero a warning glare, who put his hands up in surrender muttering, "Just keeping it real,"

"You guys are so dramatic. I'm seriously fine,"

"Look, he woke up!" A new voice drew their attention, Mingi coming in with Yunho in tow, whose eyes were red and swollen.

"Baby, I was so worried!" Yunho sped to Wooyoung's side when he heard the news, crying in his lap while the younger stroked his hair motherly. It was admittedly a funny picture, seeing the giant crouch down and be babied by Wooyoung, who was supposed to be the fragile component here.