Chapter V

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁️
☁️

"Why don't you just come over and see for yourself?"

The second the question left his mouth, San already regretted it, wondering how and why he just voiced such an out-of-character invite, to his nemesis of all people.

He also couldn't explain why he suddenly acted so extroverted when he knew damn well the only other person to ever see his home was Mingi, and that's only because the taller always invited himself or showed up unannounced.

Shit, was he really that lonely?

Forcing himself back to reality, he noticed that Wooyoung on the other end didn't even say a single word yet, fueling his insecurities about the out-of-pocket invite.

"Y-you know it's fine, I'll just send you some pictures of her-" San tried to reverse his mistake.

"-I'll come." Wooyoung suddenly interrupted him, his tone weirdly calm about it, which freaked San out even more.

"Are you sure? It just slipped my mouth. We can just-" He tried one last time to call off the meetup.

Wooyoung wasn't having any of San's half-assed antics though and interrupted him once again, "San, it's okay! I was just caught off guard, after all you're like a superstar around here.."

Okay, so now San knew why he was so quiet for that long but Wooyoung also co-revealed his fascination for him, which of course, The Number One Hero couldn't just leave uncommented.

"Then why aren't you freaking out about going to your idol's house like a normal person?" He asked in a cocky manner.

"Relax, San. You're not all that." Wooyoung retaliated, too fast for San's liking.

"You know what, you're not invited anymore." San said in a monotone voice, finally getting to voice his real feelings.

He could already hear Wooyoung's panic rising before the other even said a word, "No, no, no. Wait! I didn't mean it like that, I swear! You're the Best, everyone knows that!" He basically shouted into the phone. If San wasn't already full of himself, he would claim he heard Wooyoung's heartbeat through the speakers.

Good to know that he still had the upper hand in their dynamic.

"Okay, fine. Come by at 8 tomorrow after work, so you can make your fanboy dreams come true." He proposed suddenly, trying to catch the other off guard with his new caught confidence.

But you could never catch Jung Wooyoung slipping twice, so he replied casually, "Awesome, I'll bring food! See you tomorrow!"

'Sleek motherfucker' San thought to himself, trying to come up with an equally nonchalant farewell.

"See you tomorrow, the food better be good!" He said and quickly ended the call, not trusting himself with adding something embarrassing like 'or I'll eat you instead'.

After hanging up the phone he took a couple more minutes to ground himself and prepare going back to work. When he deemed himself mentally stable enough, he started the car and proceeded with his day, giving 150% or else going insane overthinking the meeting tomorrow.