Chapter XI

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁️
☁️

"Thanks for the help, Frozone."

San cringed while saying Mingi's superhero name, it felt wrong passing his lips. After all he knew what a total mess Mingi was outside of his hero life.
"Oh shit, my bad," Mingi scratched his neck with a lopsided grin, "I mean Mr. Incredible."
San didn't miss the mocking tone, attempting to imitate San's voice from before.

"You're lucky he's unconscious." San spat, referring to the knocked out Wooyoung in his arms.

"Oh yea, it got him pretty bad, huh." Mingi reasoned, "That shit was pretty intense, it's a miracle he could stop it at all!" He pointed to the dam which was still holding tight with the ice cover.

"I do wonder why they sent you guys, though. You were lucky I happened to be around here or else... I don't wanna imagine."

Actually, now that he said it, it was in fact weird.
Usually the AI's algorithm was designed to assign the heroes jobs that were tailored to their powers for the maximum effect. San wasn't sure how him and Wooyoung were a good fit for this kind of problem, seeing that they don't have any blocking or manipulating qualities.
This job was definitely a better choice for someone with Mingi's strengths, or even Armor for that matter. Speaking of, even at their first assignment this morning, a hero with a shield power had to come to their rescue, if was close to impossible to prevail with their kind of powers, going in blind against the alien weapon.

Before San could think anymore about it, Wooyoung stirred in his arms, opening his eyes hesitantly. "Fuck," he grabbed his head, nose scrunched in discomfort, "how long was I out?" He asked, eyes closed again.

Too impatient carry him around any longer, San shook him to wake him up, making his head wobble forcefully. "A whole-ass day, now wake the fuck up." He answered, not relenting with his shaking.
"Okay, okay." Wooyoung muttered, "fucking liar." He said under his breath when he finally opened his eyes and saw they were still at the dam.

Lazily he focused his gaze on San now, who was hovering over him with an urging stare, still holding him up in his arms.
"Can you stand?" He asked, his annoyance masking the slight worry. To answer San's question Wooyoung slipped out of his arms like pudding, coming to a stand and dusting off his suit as if nothing ever happened.

"What happened?" He did wonder when he saw the ice jamming the hole of the dam and San and Mingi looking at him cautiously.
"You went k.o. trying to keep the water out, dude! But don't worry I took care of it." Mingi smirked, answering Wooyoung before San could even open his mouth.

"Wh- Frozone? You saved us?" Wooyoung's eyes shone in gratitude. Mingi, being the conceited bastard he is, threw himself at the praise, "Well, if you wanna put it like that.. You're welcome!" He beamed, adding, "I could never let down a cutie like you!" With a wink.

Immediately Wooyoung's wholesome puppy eyes changed into something fiercer, his demeanor emitting more confidence all of a sudden. "I'm not cute." He hummed, stepping up to Mingi. He had to look up quite a bit because of their height difference, but Wooyoung still seemed to dominate the situation, taking Mingi's exposed chin in his hands and pointing it downward to meet his eyes. "I'm hot."

A smirk made its way to Mingi's face, matching Wooyoung's. He lifted his hand, sprouting ice out of his palm and making it snow on them.