Chapter II

︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ︶ ༉ ‧₊˚.
┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁️
☁️

"What the fuck are you doing here Monkey Boy?" San said, trying to sound as unimpressed as possible while his heart pounded and his palms were sticky. He was truly the last person San needed to see after this shitty ass day.

The redhead looked at him like he was a piece of meat though, inferior to him in all aspects and San had to know that at all costs, making him incredibly nervous in the process.

"Damn, that's a new one, square head!" Flexiboy threw back playfully.

Hopefully he was aware that his dumbass retaliation did nothing to San, who was actually quite proud of his prominent features. Granted, his jaw was pretty angular but that was the charm of Mr. Incredible, right? And yes, maybe his head was big in comparison to the rest of his body, which might look unproportional. Or was his head rather small for his broad shoulders? Maybe he should let his hair grow so it would evoke the illusion of balance-

"Okay, I didn't mean to be that insulting.." the ginger started to backpedal as San took embarrassingly long to answer, instead completely getting into his head about the off sided comment.

He had to think of a comeback, fast.

think, think, think

"Why would I feel insulted by a wannabe Luffy like you?"

Well done San, One Piece references always work!

"Seriously? The only thing you could come up with was One Piece?"

Okay, maybe not always.

San sighed in resignation.

"Whatever, man. What do you want?"

Flexiboy took a couple steps towards him, never breaking the eye contact, "So I saw you almost die in there... Was it really worth it just to prove a point?"

"Prove what point?" San answered too quickly this time, but he didn't care.

Since when had that prick been watching him and why didn't he help the hostage himself if he knew there were in danger?

"And I didn't almost fucking die, I had everything under control!"

His anger was getting to him, he needed to calm the fuck down. Flexiboy was getting into his head. He couldn't show weakness, or even worse; emotion in front of his arch nemesis.

"Sure you did, breaking in the whole damn wall of a near-collapsing building. What was the point of that, huh?"

The new hero was standing only one foot away from him now, looking up at him like he already knew the answer to his loaded fucking question.

At this point San was starting to shake from anger, how could such a small human being be this damn annoying?

San watched Flexiboy suddenly raise his arm, elongating it to reach San's shoulder, raising goosebumps all over his neck.

He reached for a remaining piece of debris there, a daring look in his eyes, "Come on" he inquired, plucking the piece off, "Tell me." He walked the rest of the distance so his arm was normal-sized again, now face-to-face with his rival, throwing the crumb to the side carelessly.