𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐃 her stick beside a couple of the other boys as the ends all caught fire. They all turned away from the middle and headed towards the tall pile of sticks in the middle of the group of teens that had an animal's skull in the middle and arms protruding from the sides.

"Light him up!" Alby ordered and the teens holding the lit logs threw them at the middle of the wood pile which immediately burst into flames, making the teens erupt into noise. Filomena could feel the flame's warmth from where she stood as they licked up the wooden creature the teens had made.

"Gladers! Gladers! Gladers!" Some of the boys started chanting enthusiastically. Others were drinking and eating whatever the Cooks had whipped up while others were hanging around and chatting. There was a sort of band in the corner who were playing to the beat of the teens' chanting.

Alby, Newt, Filomena and a couple of other boys raised their cups in the middle for a toast.

"To the Gladers," The female teen said, a smirk gracing her lips.

"To the Gladers," All the others cheered as they clinked their drinks together, wide smiles on all their faces as they took in the content and bright atmosphere.

The female teen made her way over to where the Greenie and Newt were sitting together, leaning on a thick log, facing one of the Maze walls. She plopped down beside the brunet boy while Newt sat on his other side.

She handed the Greenie a jar of liquid and said, "Here," The boy took it, and gave it an odd look, before taking a big gulp. As soon as the liquid touched the back of his throat, the boy gave a pained look, scrunching his face up, before spitting out the drink. Filomena burst into laughter, clutching her stomach, while Newt had a wide grin on his face as he made eye contact with the red-haired girl.

"Eugh," The Greenie grimaced as he coughed the rest of the drink up before handing the jar over to Newt. "Oh my God, what is that?"

Newt took the drink, chuckling as he looked closely at the amber liquid. "We don't even know. It's Gally's recipe. It's a trade secret."

The Greenie grumbled. "You're evil." He said, referring to the girl beside him who was still laughing. He looked up at her with a soft look as recognition flew across her face before leaving as quickly as it came. As the boy looked at Filomena's face, he noticed the scarlet blood dripping down her lip and the bruise on her shoulder. Filomena had taken off her long-sleeved shirt and was left wearing a beige tank top which allowed for the Greenie to take a closer look at the scar that ran from one side of her neck to the other. "What happened? Are you ok?"

The smile on the girl's lips didn't falter as she spoke. "Yeah," she turned to look at where Gally was fighting with another boy while the other teens stood around them cheering them on. "I had my own chance with Gally." The boy glanced behind himself as well to see what Filomena was looking at.

"Did you win?" Newt asked while the Greenie whipped his head around to give the blond boy an incredulous look. "What? It's information that I can use to blackmail Gally later."

The red-haired girl laughed again. "Yep, I won. Gally just got a couple of hits on me."

The boy turned to look at Filomena again. "Where'd you get that scar?"

Newt and Filomena made eye contact before she replied. "Let's not ruin the fun of tonight with a depressing story," The female teen tried to move the conversation away from the scar on her neck that the Greenie was looking at with a confused expression. "Y'know, that drink isn't the only thing Gally makes, he also made a batch of biscuits once. They were so burnt that they crumbled in your hands as soon as you picked them up."