𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐇𝐎 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐀 were sitting together on the large bough of a tree; the former swinging his legs while the latter fiddled with her hair. The two were sitting in silence having not uttered a word since their talk with Thomas.

"Filomena," Minho started to speak, glancing at the ground as he did. "You don't have to come with us. I can tell you're only going 'cause the Greenie and I are going."

"Minho, no," Filomena turned her body to half-face the boy beside her. "I'm going. You know I know the Maze better than you and we need all the help we can get and if I can give that, I will."

The two fell into silence again as the wind gently blew through the teen's hair and the leaves danced slowly to the ground. The sun was peaking through the branches and cast delicate shadows on the vibrant green grass while the quiet murmur of other teens chatting together near Homestead reached the teens who were sitting deep in the forest. Suddenly a sheep bleated in the distance, interrupting the quiet and calm atmosphere. Both teens glanced at each other and burst into laughter.

The red-haired teen glanced at her intertwined fingers before unlacing them and fiddling with the bracelets on her wrist.

"Minho, I know something's wrong," The female teen felt the male shift beside her on the branch. "You haven't called me Flossie since our night in the Maze, why?"

Minho bit his lip, not releasing the soft flesh even at the sharp taste of blood. His hands trembled as he gripped the thick bough of the tree he was sitting on, ignoring the pricks of small splinters entering the soft palms of his hands. His calm and cool facade crumbled as guilt ate away at him, emotions swirling in his stomach.

"I ran," Came Minho's broken voice. "I ran leaving my two best friends to die. You were stuck babysitting the shucking Greenie while trying to keep Alby and yourself alive," Minho picked at a bit of skin on his finger as he tried not to unravel completely. "I should have been there, helping you."

The two teens settled into an uncomfortable silence as Filomena processed the boy's words. "As angry and worried I was for you, I can't entirely blame you," Filomena spoke softly. "I would have run myself if Alby wasn't there. He's like a brother to me, I don't think I will ever give up on him."

The dark-haired boy swallowed, his features softening as he glanced around at the Glade before them. Minho reached out an arm to the red-haired girl, pulling her close in a side hug.

"Thank you," Was all he said, relief filling him once he realised she held no grudge against him. "Flossie."

Filomena pulled away, a grin on her lips as she lightly punched his shoulder. "Our Minho is back." She teased, swinging her legs.

Minho snickered. "I'm just glad I'm not being scolded right now." He lept from the tree, landing gracefully on his heels before turning and glancing up at Filomena who was still perched on the bough. "Come on, we have a maze to solve" Flossie just gave a sharp laugh before jumping from the tree as well, glancing over at the Maze entrance.

"Yes, let's."

。・:*:・゚★,‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

The two teens made their way through the woods, heading to the Map Room, feeling lighter despite realising they were heading back into the Maze. Zart, Frypan and Winston were also with the two, as the other Runners had been reluctant to go back so soon. They spotted Thomas pacing back and forth before he turned around at the sound of leaves crunching under their feet.

"Will this be enough?" Minho arched a brow, his hands on his plastron vest, a slight drawl in his tone to spite Thomas.

"Ok," Thomas nodded, shuffling on his feet as he surveyed the teens. "Let's go."

A/N 

Boo I'm alive and yes I have not given up on this don't worry. 

It hasn't been edited because I wanted to post it as soon as I could.

<3

EDITED: TBA

➸ kelsii.exe has logged out