𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐏𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 as soon as he heard the walls rumble and begin to open.

"Hey guys," The boy called out to the other teens who were lying or sitting around the Maze entrance. "Get up." Newt, Zart, Jeff, Clint, Frypan and a few other boys quickly stood up and made their way over to Chuck, anticipating the four teens' arrival. The Maze rumbled open to show an empty hallway and everyone's hope dwindled at the sight.

"Told you, Chuck," Newt sighed, emotions bubbling in his throat. "They're not coming back."

The teens slowly turned around and trudged away from the entrance, despair filling them at the thought of never seeing the four again. Chuck watched them leave, annoyed but confused when he noticed Zart staring at the Maze still. The blond teen wandered back to Chuck's side.

"No way," Zart breathed and Chuck spun around. There, limping towards them, were Minho, Filomena, Thomas and Alby. The two boys were supporting an unconscious Alby while Filomena stumbled in front of them, her hand clutching blood-soaked bandages that were clumsily wrapped over her stomach.

"Yeah!" Chuck yelled an excited smile on his face. "Yes! Yeah! Yeah!"

The other boys quickly spun around at the younger teens' exclamation and rushed over to the entrance at the sight of their friends. When the three were on the edge of the Maze, a couple of boys quickly helped grab Alby from the two.

"I got him, I got him," Frypan said as he grabbed Alby's arm from Minho and gently helped lay him on the ground. Jeff and Newt both made their way to Filomena's side, grabbing both of her hands to help her forward and then so she could lean on them.

"What happened out there?"

"How'd you guys make it out?" Zart asked. Thomas and Minho crouched beside Alby as they glanced up at Filomena.

"You saw a Griever?" Chuck half asked half stated as he too looked over at Filomena.

"Yeah I saw one," Thomas panted, answering the question.

"He didn't just see it," Filomena added, a proud smile on her face.

"He killed it," Minho finished and everyone turned to look at the brunet in surprise.

。・:*:・゚★,‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

A couple of boys helped pick up Alby and take him inside Homestead while Jeff and Newt helped an exhausted Filomena to where the Medjacks work so they could redo the bandages and clean the wound. It wasn't too deep and it missed anything important so the only issue was the amount of blood she had lost but with her Medjack knowledge, Filomena was able to stem the flow. After the fresh bandages were applied, Filomena was able to head to Homestead where a meeting was going to occur for Thomas as he had run into the Maze even though he wasn't a Runner.

"Things are changing," Gally stated, bluntly. He, Newt, Filomena and Frypan were all standing together at the front with Thomas sitting a little further behind. Minho and Winston stood together on Gally's left while the others sat on ledges, facing the front. "There's no denying that. First Ben gets stung in broad daylight and then Alby. And now our Greenie here has taken it upon himself...to go into the Maze," Thomas glanced down at his feet, thoughts and emotions running through his mind. "Which is a clear violation of our rules here." Newt and Filomena, who was in charge with Alby unconscious, glanced at each other.

"Yeah but he saved Alby's life," Frypan defended.

Gally had an incredulous look on his face, "Did he?" Gally held up three fingers as he spoke. "For three years, we have coexisted with these things," The black-haired teen pointed at Thomas. "And now you've killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for us?"