𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐬' 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃  the Greenie backwards into a couple of teens who were a part of the circle. The boys pushed the brunet forward and he stumbled while Gally just shoved him to the ground behind him. The Greenie grunted as he made contact with the hard, dirt ground, accidentally swallowing some of it while the crowd winced in sympathy and others just laughed. The Greenie turned his upper body to face Gally who stood over him.

"Get up boy!" One of the teens yelled at him.

Gally got into a defensive position as he spoke up. "Come on, Greenie. We're not done yet."

The Greenie slowly stood up and turned to face the black-haired boy opposite him.

"Show us what you got!" Another boy shouted. The boy brushed the sand off his clothes and readjusted his shirt which had ridden up slightly.

"Stop calling me Greenie," The brunet grumbled as he brushed his arm as if wiping it from the pain that had sprung from his tumble.

"Stop calling you that?" Gally's head turned to the side slightly as he smirked. "What do you wanna be called? Shank?" The crowd started laughing and yelling as Gally turned to face them. "What do you think guys?

"Shank, shank, shank," One of the boys chanted with a stupid grin on his face.

"Does he look like a Shank?" Gally asked rhetorically and the Greenie's annoyance with the other teen rose as he spoke. The brunet completely ignored what Filomena and Newt had told him and raced at Gally. The black-haired boy caught the Greenie's arms before he could be pushed to the ground and the two struggled to throw the other on off them. Eventually, Gally was able to throw the Greenie to the ground again but this time he hit the ground very roughly. The town groaned, both in sympathy and in a way to keep the fight going.

"Come on!" A boy cried out.

"You know what?" Gally said as the Greenie shakily climbed to his feet. "I think I've settled on Shank." The crowd laughed again but as the Greenie looked around the crowd he spotted Filomena with a frown on her face. Even though the two had had a rough start and she wasn't always the most friendly person, it made him feel better that someone seemed concerned about him. The Greenie quickly turned back to face Gally and rushed at him, wrapping his arms around the other teen's middle. Gally tried to push the brunet to the edge of the circle but the Greenie managed to throw him to the ground before he could do so. The crowd exclaimed at the move, surprised that the Greenie was able to do so.

"Yeah, there you go Greenie," Alby yelled, a wide smile on his face.

"Come on!" A familiar feminine voice called out to the boy as the other teens cheered. "You got this!"

With a spur of confidence running through him, the Greenie stepped closer to Gally who still lay on the ground and said with a cocky tone. "Not bad for a Greenie, huh."

However, the confidence was short-lived as Gally was able to swipe his legs into the Greenies' which knocked the brunet over. The boy landed painfully on his head and a loud groan escaped his mouth before he coughed as the breath from his air was knocked out and every thought left his mind. The only thing he could focus on was the pain that erupted from the whole of his left side. Slowly, memories and thoughts came back to his brain as he lay on the ground and one word, no name, immediately was drawn to the front of his mind.

Thomas.

Thomas.

That was his name.

He knew it.

Thomas.

"Thomas," He spoke in a quiet tone. He quickly raised the front of his body off of the ground and repeated more loudly. "Thomas. Hey," The Greenie scrambled to his feet and glanced around at all the other teens who hadn't 't spoken a word. "Thomas!" He let out a broken laugh. "I remember my name. I'm Thomas!"

Alby pointed at the Greenie, now Thomas, as the crowd all yelled, "Thomas!" They swarmed towards the brunet teen, cheering and congratulating him but even as many boys patted him on the back his gaze made its way to the two teens standing on the outermost parts of the group. The blond male was grinning widely while the red-haired female had a soft smile on her face as she made eye contact with Thomas, very different to her usual scowl or smirk.

"Welcome home Thomas," One of the boys said, who the brunet knew to be Frypan, the Keeper of the Cooks. Frypan handed him a jar of liquid which he sipped as a 'thank you' but immediately spat it out at the disgusting taste, however, that didn't wipe the smile off his face.

He turned around and Gally stuck his hand out as he congratulated Thomas. "Good job, Thomas."

"Yeah," The brunet said as the two clutched each other's forearms in a friendly manner. Suddenly there was a loud screeching noise that erupted from the Maze and everyone's heads turned towards it. Fear sparked in Thomas' chest at the unnatural noise. " What the hell was that?" Thomas asked.

"That, my friend, was a Griever," Gally explained, a grimace present on his face. "Don't worry. You're safe here with us."

"Nothing gets through those walls," The familiar feminine voice added as the red-haired teen made her way to the middle of the group where Gally, Thomas and Alby stood.

"All right guys," The first-in-command spoke up. "Let's tuck it in for the night. Come on, it was a good night." The group started to disperse while some teens slapped Thomas on the back affectionately before they too turned to leave. Thomas turned and shook Frypan's hand before he turned away as well.

"Come on," Filomena whispered. "I'll walk you to your hammock." The brunet turned and followed the red-haired girl, the noise from the Griever's still fresh in his mind.

。・:*:・゚★,‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

The feeling of running wild through the Glade was the first thing Thomas felt, and then a Maze-like wall, covered in ivy flickered past his vision. A woman's disembodied voice murmured in his ear. "WICKED is good."

"What's out there?" He heard himself question as he noticed a blurry room that was a mix of blue and white that almost made him want to squint his eyes but he didn't, too intent on seeing what happened next.

A familiar girl's voice repeated his name from what felt like far away as a person he did not recognize walked past him. " Thomas, Thomas, Thomas ." The image of an adult reaching out a gloved hand flickered past his vision before he saw a reflection of himself seemingly in the air. Then it quickly changed to a group of boys in between a narrow passageway with the Glade behind them. Thomas then felt like he was lying down as multiple adults leaned over him with one holding a mask to his face. "Can you hear me?" The female teen's voice echoed. He could see a familiar blonde woman, talking with another red-haired woman who looked like someone he knew but couldn't put his finger on. The two women were arguing with one another as the girl continued to talk. "Everything's going to change." 

Suddenly Thomas could hear a gunshot and then a scream before the same person who screamed started laughing. The brunet couldn't help but think that the laughter sounded pleasant and soft. The disembodied voice quickly started screaming again but it sounded muffled and was mixed with the sound of water gurgling. The feeling of drowning suddenly took over his senses before his eyes shot open and he could only concentrate on the hand that was over his mouth.

EDITED: TBA

➸ kelsii.exe has logged out