𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐞'𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦

"𝐒𝐎 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃  to him," Thomas asked as he, Chuck and Alby all sat, talking with one another about the day's earlier events. The youngest boy had a knife and a piece of wood in his hand and was busy whittling something.

Alby was silent before he replied. "It's called the Changing. "It's what happens when someone gets stung," The older teen glanced at Thomas before moving to sit beside him. "Listen. We haven't been able to get a clear word out of Ben since it happened. You know, he's not making any sense. And it's only gonna get worse,' Thomas turned his head to face Alby, knowing what he meant. "The infection is spreading. He's dangerous. What did he say to you?"

Thomas glanced back down at his feet. He knew someone was bound to ask that question soon, they had all heard Ben talking as if he knew Thomas personally, but he didn't know what to say. He knew as much as them. 

Thomas looked back up at Alby who was still staring at him, waiting for an answer. "Um...He said he saw me and that this is all my fault. How could this be my fault?"

There was a brief silence as Alby looked out at the Glade before back to Thomas, slapping him on the back as he stood up. "Alright, get some rest."

Thomas was confused. "Alby?" The said boy came to a stop and turned back to face Thomas and Chuck.

"Yeah?"

"What's gonna happen to him?" Thomas asked.

。・:*:・゚★,‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

Thomas quickly made his way over to the East Wall of the Maze where the majority of the Gladers were waiting to banish Ben. Some of the teens held sticks that had another shorter one at the end, placed horizontally on top of it. Others just held general spears in their hands. Thomas came to a stop beside Chuck who looked nervous and upset but didn't say anything.

"Just listen to me," The brunet turned around when he heard Ben's voice and saw his hands were tied together to his arms and then placed above his head. Minho and Filomena were both leading him to the centre of the group at the Maze Entrance "Just please listen. Please, Filomena. Minho, listen" Both teens had grim looks on their faces as they hid their true emotions from the other boys. Ben let out a low animalistic noise when neither teen did anything. 

"Alby," Ben growled as he was shoved past the first-in-command. Minho and Filomena both forced him to his knees in front of the entrance as the former dropped a bag on the floor beside Ben and they both grabbed small knives, Minho from his chest piece and Filomena from her thigh holster. The two sliced ​​both sides of the ropes which made Ben's arms fall to his sides. Soft cries escaped the teen which made Thomas feel disgusted. 

These Creators, whoever they were, were sick people who have forced teens to basically, kill other teens for survival. Minho picked up the bag and then walked over to the entrance of the Maze just as Ben looked up and realized what he was doing.

"No, no, please. Please don't," Ben pleaded with the black-haired teen in front of him. "Please don't do it." Minho had a grimace on his face mixed with despair as he turned to look at Alby for confirmation. The first-in-command nodded with a grim look on his face, and so Minho chucked the bag into the Maze, just as a large gust of air escaped from it and the Walls started rumbling, getting ready to close.

Ben started whimpering and crawling away from the entrance but Alby yelled, "Poles!" And the boys aimed their spears and poles at Ben. Filomena started to walk away towards Minho who had become a part of the crowd. Ben suddenly latched onto her arm and pulled her back towards him which caused all of the boys to yell out in alarm.

"Filomena, please, you must understand!" Ben begged. Minho started to make his way back to the two but Filomena raised her hand, stopping him in his tracks. Newt and Alby both had fixed postures as they watched the ordeal.

"The real Ben called me Flo," The red-haired teen hissed just as Ben growled and spat in her face. She raised her knife to his neck and he immediately let go of her so she backed away into the crowd, wiping the black liquid off her face.

Ben turned around to face the poles and looked terrified and inhuman at the same time. "No, no, no." Thomas saw Chuck turn and walk away from the sickening scene and couldn't blame him. Ben stood up and started making growling noises as he stared at the teens facing him.

"Move in!" Alby ordered and the boys with the poles started inching closer, pushing the blond teen to the entrance of the Maze.

"No. No, no, no! Please!" Ben begged to no avail. "No, I can get better! Please just listen to me!" Thomas noticed that Filomena had turned away from the scene and was staring back at Thomas with a sour look on her face. "Please no! Please no! You don't under-"

Ben was on the verge of the entrance to the Maze. "Push him in!" Alby yelled.

"No stop!" Ben shouted as the teens started pushing him into the Maze and the walls started to close. "I'll get better! I'll get better!" Ben was trying to push the poles away but because the walls were closing around him he was forced to turn around and rush into the Maze. The teens holding the poles lifted them and moved backwards, out of the Maze. Thomas wanted to look away but felt he couldn't and was forced to stare at the gut-wrenching scene. "No, no, no! Please!" Ben tried one last time but the walls closed, silencing his screams. Filomena had made her way in between Newt and Alby and Thomas noticed she gave the first-in-command a look he couldn't decipher. After the Maze walls closed, the boys and everyone else in the Glade went silent, mourning the loss of the teen.

"He belongs to the Maze now," Alby spoke in a monotone voice as the rest of the boys hung their heads. Suddenly Filomena left Newt's side and walked past Thomas, not looking at anyone. Alby was quick to follow while the rest of the boys stuck their poles in the ground before following the two.

"Messed up," Thomas heard one of the boys mutter. The brunet turned to look back at the Maze walls, a new wave of determination washing over him. Thomas wanted to race into the Maze and complete it so that no other teens had to die horrible deaths and others didn't have to witness it. But all he could do was just stare at the towering walls above him that trapped him within the Glade.

EDITED: TBA

➸ kelsii.exe has logged out