𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬

𝐅𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐁𝐘 to a rope of ivy before he, Filomena and Minho began pulling on the other end, causing the boy to rise higher and higher, out of harm's way. The three teens grunted as they kept pulling back as Alby rose even higher.

"Two, three," Minho grunted before all three teens tugged with all their might.

"Okay," Thomas gasped, digging his feet into the ground to stop from sliding. Filomena's stomach was screaming in pain but she ignored it, focusing on the teen who was being raised high. The Maze rumbled in the background and she turned her head around, prepared for the worst. Minho clutched Filomena's shoulder and tried to look around the corner. "What are you doing? What are you doing?" Thomas asked, frantically, as he noticed Minho acting odd. Minho leant back to catch a glance around the wall while the other two teens panted with the strength of pulling Alby up. "What are you doing"

"Minho?" Filomena asked but the boy ignored her, focused on something else.

Minho softened his hold on the ivy rope. "We gotta go. We gotta go."

"What?" Filomena questioned aloud. "Grievers?"

"No, no, no," Thomas stumbled over his words in an attempt to voice his concern.

"No, we gotta go," Minho repeated.

"Just a little more and we'll tie it off," The brunet tried to persuade the frantic teen.

"No, no, no," Minho's ramble was cut off by the familiar sound of a Griever growling however this time it was close by. Filomena felt her heart bang against her chest so hard, she swore the others could hear it. Her hands burned as the rope of ivy slipped slightly and the thick, rough material tore at her skin.

"Minho, stay with us," Filomena tried to warn the teen who let out a yelp of fear. Even as she said that Filomena felt she wanted to run at any moment, terrified of coming face-to-face with any Griever. The sounds they made, alone, scared her, and she'd never fully seen one before.

"Just a little more," Thomas said. "We're almost there."

The three teens gave the rope one last tug before Minho muttered, "I'm sorry Filomena, Greenie."

"What?" Thomas was confused but just at that moment, the dark-haired teen gave Filomena one last look before he released the ivy and raced away from the two teens.

"Minho!" Filomena shouted. "Wait!"

"Minho!" Thomas yelled. The two teens slipped forward without the extra teen's strength, Thomas planting his feet on the wall while Filomena moved to the side just in time to avoid ramming into him. The red-haired teen was devastated that Minho had left but she couldn't leave Alby. She was too close to him and it didn't matter that he had been stung, nor that he had stabbed her earlier. He was still basically her brother and she wasn't going to give up on him.

"Thomas," Filomena hissed as she indicated a gap in the wall behind the ivy with her foot. "In there." The brunet nodded before pulling backwards and wiggling his body into the small area. Filomena was quickly able to dive inside as well backing up as far as she could, making sure to pull her hair away so the Griever wouldn't be able to spot it. The two teens still held the ivy rope in their hands, unwilling to just let Alby go.

Filomena's chest heaved as she panted while her pulse thumped loudly in her ears, anxiety filling her stomach. A Griever growled nearby and Filomena flicked her head forward to look through a gap in the ivy, catching a glimpse of the horrifying creature.