4. The Disappearence

Jimin sat in a dark room, The only source of light was the window that let the moonlight stream inside

After getting whipped by the old man, Jimin felt unbearable pain. His wounds seeped blood, Tears traced the way down to his cheek.

The old iron door creaked as the old man pushed back to open it and walked down the stairs. His heavy footsteps echoed through the wind, He held a bottle of cold water, and His other hand grabbed a small paper bag.

As Jimin noticed the old man approaching, his heart quickened with fear. The weight of apprehension clouded his thoughts, leaving his throat parched.

Struggling against the anxiety, Jimin found himself unable to muster the strength to move. Huddled against the wall, he clutched his knees tightly, his head bowed low, awaiting the imminent encounter.

"You should have listened to me," said the old man, He sat over his heels and spilled some water on Jimin's face.

Jimin gasped, His hand trembled as he suppressed his cry, The old man caressed his cheek "You got hurt... but it's your own mistake..." He said in a husky voice.

Jimin's rhythmic heartbeat echoed in his ears As if his heart had been ready to jump out of his ribs. "I... I... am... Sorry..." His voice shivered, He gulped down the lump formed in his throat.

The old man sighed, "You should be sorry," He said, showing no remorse for his cruelty. "Look I brought you a chicken" With a mockery smile he threw the paper bag in front of Jimin and rose.

Jimin suddenly woke up, his breath catching in his throat. He blinked, startled, as Taehyung gently shook his shoulder, concern etched on his face.

"Finally you awake... You fucking made me worried about you" Said Taehyung. "Are you feeling good?" He asked in a concerned voice, His eyes widely opened as he glanced at Jimin with a worried look on his face.

From the hospital bed, Jimin surveyed his surroundings. Pain throbbed from injuries on his elbows and right ankle, sending waves of discomfort through his body.

As his gaze roamed, Jimin locked eyes with Taehyung, seated in a chair beside him. Band-aids adorned Taehyung's hand and forehead, mirroring the shared struggle, They both faced.

"I'm okay" Jimin shortly replied, Rising on his bed. "I'm sorry for dragging you into my trouble.... but I can't promise to repay you for your car," He said embarrassingly.

Taehyung shook his head, "It's not the problem as of now" He answered nonchalantly, "Question is why you got attacked and what exactly that bastard want from you?" He wondered.

Jimin thought for a moment, "Maybe I'm wrong... Maybe the attacker was mistaken or he was someone else... Not the person... I'm expecting" He told himself.

A heavy sigh escaped through his lips, Jimin got rid of all the doubts rumbling in his mind." How would I Know about any of this?" He answered subtly.

Taehyung nodded, "You seemed to know about the attacker anyway... You muttered weird things when you were unconscious" He spilled rising from the chair.