16. A Spell Of Protection [ Part 2]

With a cold sigh, Jimin's eyes wandered around the room, The vintage allure fascinated him. He rose and ran his fingers over the textured wallpaper and admired the sepia-toned photographs on the walls. However, amid his exploration, an odd feeling struck him.

A moment of déjà vu enveloped Jimin as if he had stepped into this room before. Flashes of memories hit him – laughing with Taehyung, the warmth of shared moments. It felt like a dream, yet it lingered vividly.

Lost in thoughts, Jimin couldn't shake the sensation that this room held a history between them, a shared space from another time.

Confused, Jimin clutched his head through his palms, As the flashbacks of the past constantly wandered in his tangled mind, Leaving him curious about the sudden situation.

"Argh... What the fuck is going on?" Jimin muttered, Inching closer to the sofa he settled on it.

Once again, The urge to know about Taehyung grew stronger, Right at that moment, Taehyung appeared back in the room, Holding a tray filled with grilled meat, And two glasses with an old wine jar.

Jimin's eyes chased Taehyung, As he settled on the couch placed in front of him, Thier eyes locked, and Taehyung could observe the situation, He could stream inside Jimin, Without any hesitation and it startled him.

"What happened?" Asked Taehyung, Filling the glass with wine.

Jimin gasped, He took a second of pause and then began to speak, "Don't you think I deserve to know everything" He said in a low voice, "Since I'm gonna live with you" His voice laced with concern and curiosity.

Looking at Taehyung, Jimin desperately hoped to hear the truth this time. However, Taehyung looked nervous this time, Not ready to talk about thier shared past, As it could bring the consequences.

"I'll tell you everything but at the right time" Taehyung answered, He grabbed the fork and knife and shredded the meat in pieces, "You survived a dangerous attack and I don't want you to think about anything else so leave everything on me" He continued, Placing the plate in front of Jimin, Not showing any signs to revealing the truth.

"You always dodge me cleverly, And I don't know why I don't get angry at you despite being so eager to know everything about you" Jimin answered, Taking a small chunk of meat.

"Woah... Fucking tasty" Jimin passed the compliment, Taking a sip of wine. "Did you prepare the food?" He asked quickly, Not waiting for Taehyung to answer.

Taehyung shook his head in denial, "My butler, Mr. Seo is a great chef... He's the one who makes me meals" He answered.

"You are so blessed," Jimin said enviously, "Anyway how did you know I got attacked?" Jimin asked curiously.

Taehyung thought for a moment and then he answered, "You called my name... And there was no way I could not hear you" He said taking the wine glass to his lips.

Jimin glanced at him, Feeling grateful for having him, But still, he failed to assume how Taehyung had been able to hear him. "I wonder if you weren't come" Rather than questioning him any further, Jimin said, As he knew Taehyung's answer would never satisfy him.

Taehyung flickered his brows, "I told you many times I'm gonna protect you" He replied.

Jimin concealed his lips with a heavy smile, "And you fulfilled your promise" He said in a slurred voice.

For the next few moments, They both savored thier wine quietly, Each sip of their drinks blending seamlessly with the passing moments.

Eventually, weariness overcame Jimin, and he succumbed to a deep slumber, his form draped over the couch with his head nestled against its back.

With a gentle move, Taehyung gathered Jimin into his arms, like a bridal style, Carefully transporting him to the bed.

Jimin lay serenely on his bed, bathed in the gentle glow of moonlight filtering through the drapes. The room seemed quiet, save for the rhythmic cadence of his peaceful slumber. Taehyung sat beside him with an air of solemnity, his eyes fixed on Jimin's tranquil face.

In a low, melodic voice, Taehyung began to chant a spell of protection, the words echoing through the room like a soft breeze. The air tingled with an otherworldly energy as he invoked unseen forces to safeguard Jimin from harm.

“In the quiet night, with stars above,

I chant a spell, filled with love.

For Jimin sleeping, dreams so deep,

A shield of protection, secrets to keep.

With whispered words, I cast the charm,

Around his bed, a safety arm.

A pendant, dear, I gently tie,

A guardian charm, near his heart to lie.

This magic trinket, a trusted guide,

Against troubles, it shall provide.

A kiss on his forehead, soft and light,

"I give you protection through the night."

So wear this pendant, close and near,

No need for worry, no need for fear.

In dreams and waking, it shall be,

A shield for you, eternally."

Carefully, Taehyung took a pendant out from his pants pocket, The same one he always carried with him. Its blue stone shimmered with an ethereal light, As Taehyung tied the pendant around Jimin's slender neck. The pendant nestled against Jimin's chest, becoming a talisman of unseen protection.

Leaning in, Taehyung pressed a soft kiss upon Jimin's forehead, A gesture filled with a mixture of warmth and ancient assurance. "This pendant," he whispered tenderly, "will protect you. Keep it close, and no harm shall befall you." The room held a quiet magic, a whispered promise of safety in the stillness of the night.

Throughout the remaining night, Taehyung stationed himself by Jimin's side, fixating on his peaceful countenance. Memories flooded Taehyung's mind, a nostalgic cascade of times when they shared moments, etching a story of their togetherness. The room held a quiet intimacy, as Taehyung lingered in the silent company of the sleeping Jimin, cherishing the fragments of their shared history.