12. I Need You

The rain poured down in heavy sheets, drumming on rooftops and tapping on windows. Each droplet seemed eager to join the relentless symphony of the storm.

Puddles formed swiftly, turning streets into temporary rivers that rushed toward storm drains. Trees bowed under the weight of rain-soaked leaves, releasing a fresh, earthy scent into the air.

People hurried along sidewalks, seeking refuge beneath awnings and umbrellas, their footsteps creating a chorus of splashes. The world seemed to blur as the downpour continued, transforming ordinary scenes into a dance of water and motion.

Taehyung stood amid the chaos, As a powerful demon, He was required to prey on a human soul. He observed every person through his keen gaze, But among the clusters of people, Nobody captivating loomed in his eye.

Taehyung always preferred a weak soul to prey, Someone whom he could easily seduce and spend the night with his prey. Mostly he picked girls, And once in a while, When the opposite gender couldn't satisfy his urge, he preferred to choose the same gender.

But tonight, Everyone looked ordinary, Exhausted from the searching, Taehyung turned back to leave When he heard someone panting heavily, He looked back and forth, A Few meters away, Jimin ran on the road, Drenched in water, As if he had seen a ghost.

Taehyung approached the road, Following the direction where Jimin was heading, He made himself stand and waited for Jimin to reach closer to him.
A perfect prey for Taehyung, To fulfill his urge to taste human skin and then feed on his soul.

Unaware of the danger lurking around him, Jimin arrived closer to Taehyung, Trembling with cold and burning with fever, He lost his balance and tripped over Taehyung. Gratefully, Taehyung grabbed his hand and pulled him closer.

"Help me please" Jimin whispered, As he was too weak to endure any further hardships of the weather, Thus he loosened his consciousness and stumbled over Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung observed Jimin's condition, His clothes carried stains of fresh blood, And he had wounds all over his body, As if someone just whipped him mercilessly, some wounds seemed old, But they still seeped blood.

Taehyung squeezed his eyes and streamed through Jimin's mind, In a search for an incident that led Jimin to run on the road in the depths of the night, In stormy weather.

Taehyung felt a pang of guilt wash over him, Sympathy blossomed within Taehyung, A rare emotion for someone who had long remained indifferent to human sentiment.

Taehyung saw KwangSoo abusing Jimin, without showing any act of mercy, And then Jimin killed him with a hammer.

Taehyung sensed his heartbeat quicken, It wasn't merely a surge of desire, But an unknown emotion, An ocean of feelings that surged within him, Leading him to question his existence.

Taehyung detached himself, He glanced at Jimin and at that moment, He couldn't deny the fact that Jimin possessed the heavenly beauty that mesmerized his mind.

Despite earning a chance to prey, Taehyung failed to follow his evil desires, Instead, he decided to help Jimin, save him from the darkness that swallowed his life, Spoiled his soul, and broke his heart, Despite knowing the consequences of helping a human.

Taehyung's eyes fluttered open, greeted by the warm glow of the fireplace dancing across the room. He found himself cozily sprawled on the couch, a book from ancient times cradled on his lap.

The crackling flames cast a gentle light on the pages as he absorbed the tales within. After a moment of tranquility, he carefully returned the book to the coffee table, its aged cover settling against the polished surface. With purposeful steps, Taehyung moved toward the staircase.