5. The Familiar Stranger

AN: If you're a person to read with music to make ambience like me, Then I shared the music to play.

Yoongi and Hoseok sat on the worn-out sofa in their dimly lit living room, their brows furrowed in deep concern.

The atmosphere hung heavy with worry, their eyes reflecting the weight of their shared helplessness, felt stifling as they waited for Jimin to return home.

As the front door creaked open, their heads turned in unison, their eyes locking onto Jimin's figure. His face was concealed with exhaustion and anxiety, and his shoulders slumped under the weight of an invisible burden.

The flickering light from a nearby lamp cast eerie shadows across his features, Revealing the concern on his face.

"Jimin," Yoongi's voice cracked worriedly, "What happened? You were disappeared since the last night" His eyes searched Jimin's face for answers, but Jimin's gaze remained distant, lost in the depths of his troubled thoughts.

Hoseok leaned forward, his hands clasped tightly together. "We've been worried sick. Are you okay?" His voice trembled with genuine fear for his friend, his eyes pleading for reassurance.

Jimin's lips quivered as he attempted to speak, his words caught in his throat. He glanced up at Yoongi's concerned face, his hands trembling as limping on his feet, He approached Yoongi and took him in his embrace.

The room fell into a heavy silence, the tension palpable in the air. Outside, raindrops tapped against the windowpane, adding a melancholic rhythm to the room.

The soft glow of a street lamp filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle, amber hue across the room. The faint scent of dampness lingered,
Yoongi patted Jimin's back, He caressed his drenched hair.

Hoseok went to the room and brought a towel, They both could assumed the reason for Jimin's disappearance through his band aids, It made them worried yet a part of them felt satisfied as Jimin safely arrived home.

"It's alright... You're okay... Huh," Yoongi said, Patting his back.

Jimin tightened his grip against Yoongi, The comfort he felt through the warm embrace of his older brother, Vanished all his worries and fear.

"Yes... I'm okay" Said Jimin, An attempt to reassure himself.

"Anyway... Take a seat, You're completely drenched in water" Yoongi said, Detaching himself.

Jimin settled comfortably on the sofa, sinking into its soft cushions. Yoongi damped Jimin's drenched hair and joined him, the fabric absorbing the moisture.

In the meantime, Hoseok bustled in the kitchen, the clinking of teacups and the soothing scent of brewing tea filling the air.

"Now tell me what happened?" Asked Yoongi, He grabbed Jimin's hand and squeezed to offer the warmth of his comfort.

Jimin gasped a breath, His fingers nervously tracing the patterns on the edges. Memories of the previous night clawed at his mind, each scene replaying itself in vivid detail, causing his heart to ache with an intensity he couldn't bear to confront.

Yoongi patiently waited for his answer, Hoseok brought the tray filled with cups of tea, their eyes filled with concern and a desperate longing to understand his pain.

"I..." His voice wavered as Jimin began to speak, the words caught in his throat like a lump of unshed tears. He hesitated, unsure of how much he could reveal without putting them in danger.

For a moment, An urge grew inside, To reveal everything that occurred to him. But the next second, Jimin denied it.

"I met with an accident," Jimin finally confessed, his voice barely audible above a whisper. It was a half-truth, A feeble attempt to shield them from the brutal reality that lurked in the shadows of his mind.