19. Marked Permanently

Alas, The night arrived, After sleeping for almost half a day, Jimin woke up. Fear lingered in his eyes as he languidly opened them, And scanned his surroundings, Hoping that things would be normal.

All his fear and concerns disappeared, As Jimin locked his gaze on Taehyung, Heading closer to him. With a quick move, He rose upon his bed and forwarded to Taehyung, Who loosened all the limits of all his patience and took Jimin in his embrace.

"You don't know how fucking I was worried for you," Taehyung said, His tall finger untangling the stranded hair of Jimin, His breath brushed against Jimin's neck, As Taehyung inhaled deeply.

"I... I don't know what happened to me, I... couldn't... see anyone but...but KwangSoo and...and... so many wraiths like him" Jimin's voice broke, Trembling with fear, There were pauses between his words, Filled with gulps and gasps, His hand felt too cold, They were shaking, His heart loudly pounded against his chest, "I was so scared" He continued.

Taehyung detached himself, And cupped Jimin's face, Feeling the supple skin underneath the tips of his finger, "I will find a way to get rid of that bastard" A promise he made, "I will protect you at any cost, Don't worry" Said him, Wiping the tears that traced the way down to Jimin's rosy cheek.

Jimin clutched his fist against Taehyung's collar, "He said you... You can't protect me, Because you're dangerous" He said, A hint of uncertainty in his voice, Holding his tears back this time, "He always says, You can't protect me...You... You're not someone who you claim"
As Jimin explained everything KwangSoo told to him, His eyes widened in bewilderment, "Tae–Taehyung... He's lying... Right?" Asked Jimin in a low tone, Feeling a pain in his chest.

Taehyung observed, that Jimin was getting panicky and required an urgency to calm down, Although Taehyung had to tell him a lie, "Don't believe what that bastard said" His assuring words, Calmed the storm twirling inside Jimin.

With a nod, Jimin said, "I... I knew\... it... He... Was lying" He stuttered, But satisfaction wandered over his face.

"Now forget everything and relax yourself... I'm here with you" Taehyung said, Caressing his shoulder.

Jimin sobbed in silence, "What if... KwangSoo appeared again" He asked looking petrified.

Gulping nervously, Taehyung felt a knot tighten in his throat, A bitter taste of frustration as he despised seeing Jimin endure such suffering. Despite being a powerful demon, A sense of helplessness washed over him.

"No," Taehyung declared with determination, "Nothing will happen." The words carried both reassurance and an internal struggle, A promise to protect Jimin despite the challenging circumstances.

Suddenly, Jimin's phone began to buzz countlessly until he grabbed and opened the screen, "It's Yoongi Hyung... I was going to see him today" Jimin said.

"Are you okay Jimin?"

"I heard fire broke out in your college"

"Just tell me you're okay"

"I'm heading to your college"

On the glowing screen, Yoongi's worried message popped up, his concern evident in the scowl that creased his forehead. Jimin, puzzled by the unexpected attention, noticed a series of missed calls alongside the message. With a furrowed brow, he swiftly tapped away on his phone, crafting a response to alleviate Yoongi's concerns.

"Don't worry hyung... I'm completely alright"

Taehyung realized the sensitivity of the situation, He knew what Jimin and Yoongi were talking about, Yet he asked as if he didn't know anything, "What happened?"