Chapter 13 - Best Day Ever

I moved my hands to run up and down Liam's back. He'd always been on the muscular side. I was taken aback by Liam's actions, and I couldn't believe what was happening. It felt so good to have contact like this. But I couldn't help but think of Louis.

I pulled away from Liam, but he still stayed close to me. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Is this wrong?" I questioned.

"Does it feel wrong?" Liam asked, moving off of me. He sat beside me instead.

I shrugged. "It feels wrong to be kissing you when I have feelings for Louis." I said honestly. Liam was my best friend, and I couldn't lead him on.

"Do you think you could have feelings for me?" Liam asked.

"I don't know." I said. I didn't know what else to tell him.

"I understand." he said. "Maybe we should pretend this never happened."

I nodded. "Okay." We awkwardly got back to studying.

After a little while, the tension became unbearable and I decided I should go. I told Liam I'd see him tomorrow at school, and headed out. I hope that feeling wasn't there forever, or it was seriously going to effect our friendship.

I checked my phone as I walked home from Liam's. I had two text messages. One from my mom and one from Louis.
I quickly clicked on the one from Louis to see what he said.

From: Louis
I could use a friend right now. Can I come over?

I hurriedly texted him back.

To: Louis
Meet me at the park. I'm walking back from Liam's.

I opened my moms text, but it just said what was for dinner. I headed to the right instead of going straight to get to the park.

I sat on the swings, waiting for Louis to show up.

I saw headlights in the distance, and a car parked at the end of the play area. I heard a door shut, and then footsteps. I watched as much as I could see of Louis in the dark, as he walked up to me.

"Thanks for meeting with me." Louis said, as he stood in front of me.

"Anything for a friend," I said, smiling at him. "What's wrong?"

Louis sighed, "just more things to add up to how terrible this day was."

"What happened?"

"El said we need to take a break. She said I seem too distant." Louis said. "You know she's really one of the only things keeping me sane."

"I'm sorry, Lou." I said, standing up from my swing. I slowly wrapped my arms around him, and gave him a hug. He wrapped his arms back around me, and rubbed my back. It gave me chills, and I squeezed him tighter.

"You know Harry," Louis started, keeping his arms around me, but pulling away enough to look me in the eyes. "You're a really amazing person."

I blushed, even though he probably couldn't see it. "Thank you."

He brought his arm up to my neck, and ran his hand through my hair. "I have to tell you something."

"What?" I asked, wondering why he was being so intimate with me.

"I know about your crush on me," Louis said, "I overheard you saying my name in your dream and then you looked like you were kissing the air. I put two and two together."

"Oh my god," I said, face palming myself. "That's really embarrassing."

"I thought it was cute," he said, moving his hand down to my cheek. I just about melted into him. "You're really cute."