Chapter 3 - Teach Him a Lesson

Harry's POV

Liam left the door open for me, but before I left he made me promise I would lock it when I got back.

I was staying at Liam's for the night. It took some begging, but I got him to give in. Lucky for me, his parents were out of town for the week. I overheard a girl talking in class and I just had to go.

I had returned from a party, and I knew it wasn't possible for me to go if I was at my own house. My mom would never let me stay out that late.

I walked up the stairs, finding my way to Liam's room.

I opened the door, walking in and going to shut the door.

I reached for the doorknob and pushed it shut, turning back around and losing my balance. I fell, trying to catch myself but I failed.

"Harry?" Liam questioned, sitting up in his bed. "What the hell are you doing? It's 1am!"

"I tripped, sorry." I said. Liam was cranky when he was woken up, but who wasn't?

"How was the party?" Liam said, his voice cracking a little from sleep. He laid back down on his bed, cuddling up in his blanket.

I sat down on the bed he had made for me on the floor. "I guess parties aren't what everyone make them out to be. It wasn't that great. I probably would have had more fun if I knew more people there." I explained. "I actually did run into someone I know, your old friend Louis."

"God he's an asshole." Liam said. I knew he hated Louis, Liam had told me their story. The way Louis left him sounded horrible, but when I talked to him he didn't seem like such a bad guy. "Doesn't surprise me he was there." Liam mumbled.

Liam had explained parties was the start of the end of their friendship, that's probably why he didn't want me to go.

"I don't know how he does it. One party was enough for me, it wasn't much fun." I said with a chuckle.

"Popularity."

"Screw popularity. How do you know who your real friends are with so many?"

"Sometimes you don't know even when you only have one."

* * *

I honestly felt bad for Liam. Louis scarred him. I could tell because Liam wouldn't let himself get close to anyone. Sometimes he still hesitates with me, but I hope he knows I won't do that to him. I just hate that Liam, to this day, is hurt by Louis. He says that he hates him, and it's only because he still can't stand what he did to him. He doesn't hate him, he hates what he did.

If anything, I should be afraid of Liam leaving me. I'm a freshman and he's a junior. We wouldn't be friends if it wasn't for me being in AP English. I was good at it and quite the 'nerd', and Liam was the same way.

Liam and I sat in the lunchroom, and looking at Louis now it's hard to believe they were ever friends. He's surrounded by people at his table, including his girlfriend who is leaving no space between them. Liam and I sat at the table alone. They were complete opposites. Liam liked it quiet and Louis liked it loud. Liam always did his homework and Louis never did. Liam hated sports and Louis was the captain of the football team.

"Why are you staring at them?" Liam asked. I could sense the irritation in his voice.

"It's just that you two are so different," I said continuing to stare at Louis.

"Well, at one point we were almost the same. We used to stay up all night doing homework together, the only difference between us was he loved Drama and I didn't. He wasn't the jock he is now." Liam explained.