Chapter 1 - Coach's Assistant

The photo on the side is perfect! Bless photoshop

Chapter 1 - Coach's Assistant

*2 years ago*

"Louis? Why aren't you talking to me?" Liam confronted me as I stood at my locker. He'd texted me multiple times and I never replied...

"I've just been busy," I replied.

"Too busy for your best friend?' Liam questioned in an upset tone. I just shrugged, as I shut my locker.

"I have other friends too Liam." I said in a quiet voice.

Liam looked down, a frown settling on his face. He nodded and slowly turned away, walking in the other direction.

A hand was placed on my shoulder and I jumped.

I turned my head to see Zayn and sighed. "You scared the shit out of me."

Zayn smiled and let out a small laugh. "What did he want?" he asked, nodding his head at Liam.

"He asked why I wasn't talking to him." I stated.

"Ah, doesn't realize you have cooler friends yet?" Zayn said.

I let out a fake laugh. I felt bad about blowing Liam off, but I wanted Zayn to think I was cool and not a complete dork.

Did that make me a terrible person?

*present day*

If you asked me that question today I would tell you no. I would even spell it out for you. N-O.

Friendships end, and it was just our turn. Liam and I would end up splitting at some point. Liam would never let his nerdy persona go. I didn't want to be that person.

Liam still glares at me when he walks by. I know he completely hates me, but I mean what can I do about that? I changed, I'm just embracing who I am.

I always wanted to be noticed by everyone. That's why I used to be in drama. I wanted to perform, I wanted people to know who I was. Now everyone in the whole school knew who Louis Tomlinson was.

Eleanor snuggled herself into me, and I wrapped my arm around her waist. She rested her head on my shoulder. We sat at the lunch table with some of our friends.

The school just loved Eleanor and I. They just thought we were the perfect couple. To think that our relationship began at a party..

"You going to football practice today?" Zayn asked from across the table.

I nodded. "Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"Oh let's see, leaving practice early of a 'stomach ache' so you could go make out with El." Zayn replied with a smirk.

"Okay, that was one time."

"Sure it was." he said, teasing me.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, Malik. I'll be there."

"Better be." he said. "Or I'll take your spot as quarterback."

"Oh please! That'll never happen." I said with a chuckle.

* * *

(A/N: not like I know much about what guys do at football practice)

I ran over to the bench on the side of our field, picking up a towel to wipe the sweat off my forehead.

I set the towel on the bench beside me once I was done. A voice coming from behind me making me jump.

"I can take that for you," he said. I turned to see a lengthy boy with a head full of dark brown curls.

"Who are you?" I questioned. He wasn't on the team. I knew that because he wasn't sweaty or wearing a jersey.

"Mr.Jensen's assistant." he replied. "Harry."

"So the towel and water boy, basically?" I questioned with a smirk. He gave a shrug and a small nod in response. "You want my towel?"

"It's kind of my job." he replied, picking it up off the bench next to me. He walked away to a bin, and threw the towel inside. I would just hate that. He had to collect them and wash them for tomorrow's practice. And he always had water bottles ready for us.

Harry kept walking to collect other players towels, and something about him just made me keep watching.

________________________

Hope you guys liked the first chapter!! I really like the idea of this story. I hope others like it.

I have a lot planned! thank you for reading!

Sorry this is short it felt longer when I was writing it.

Who's your OTP? (favorite ship)

Mine is definitely Larry ❤😍

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow :)

-Amanda Styles [4/27/14]