Chapter 14 - Mixed Signals

Louis took me home after we both got all our clothes back on. He kissed me goodnight when he dropped me off. I stayed up for 3 hours afterwards, because I couldn't believe it happened. I couldn't believe someone amazing like Louis would be into me.

Now it was time for school again. I was debating if I should tell Liam what happened last night. He would probably be really upset, and I didn't want to hurt him.

I went to my locker, and could see someone next to me in my peripheral vision while I put my books away. I looked to see Liam. "Hey!" I said.

"Why are you so happy?" he asked.

I shrugged. "Just am." I stated, deciding he was better off not knowing for now.

"Well that's good." he said. I nodded, and shut my locker. I turned so I was facing him, ready to walk down the hallway.

"What the hell is that?" he said, looking at me.

"What?!" I asked, confused to what he was talking about. Was there something on my face?

"The fucking hickey on your neck!" he said, and I instantly rushed my hand to my neck to cover it. I felt completely mortified. I forgot all about it. "I thought it "felt wrong", well clearly that was just a cover story!"

"Liam-"

"Save it, I know that's not from Louis." he said, walking away from me.

"What's not from Louis?" A voice asked from behind me, making me jump. I turned around, and Louis smiled. "Oh," he said in realization.

"I forgot all about it." I said, reaching to cover it with my hand again.

"Did you tell Liam I did that?" he asked.

"No," I said. "It's kind of a long story."

"Why would he say that?"

I sighed. "Okay, you can't tell anyone. Liam would never talk to me again." I began. "But he kissed me last night. I kissed him back for a while, but then I started to feel guilty. I told him the truth, and said that I felt guilty kissing him while I was head over heels for you."

"Ah," Louis said once I finished. "If I knew that was the case I wouldn't have marked you in a visible spot." He stepped toward me and whispered in my ear. "Although, seeing it on you is really hot."

I blushed, as he pulled his head away from mine. "Stop." I whined, causing him to smile.

"What?" he asked innocently.

"You know what. I don't want a boner in school." I muttered.

He smiled at me, but his smile faded really fast. I was about to ask what was wrong, but then I heard her voice.

"Lou, can we talk?" Eleanor asked in a soft voice.

She looked at me and gave me a weird look. I was used to that by now.

"Yeah," he said, "I'll see you later, Harry." he walked away with Eleanor, and I hope it didn't make me a bad person that I hoped they would never end their break.

Louis's POV

"So I was thinking.." Eleanor stated.

"Yeah?" I asked, hoping she'd just get on with it. I'd rather be teasing Harry, then think about how Eleanor wants our relationship on hold.

"The way I talked to you yesterday was pretty rude, I realize that now." she said, "But I thought we should talk about how our relationship is going to go from here on out."