Chapter 23 - M I N E

Thanks for your patience. I honestly can't believe I started writing this story in 2014. So many things have changed since then, most importantly my writing style and ideas. I think the most important thing that has happened since 2014 is I had my first serious relationship and lost my virginity. It's over now, but it taught me a lot of things since all my writing has been about love.
Enjoy..
______________________
wow.... so last update was in 2017. I had to re-read my own story to remember every detail. I wrote this authors note in 2017.... well that guy I lost my virginity to and was dumped by is now my fiancé and we're getting married. Life is crazy.

Chapter 23 - M I N E

"Tomlinson, you just got off your suspension," Coach said. He was making Zayn wait in the locker room before he talked to him. He gave me a chance to tell my side of the story first.

"I know coach. I'm sorry," I said honestly. "But if you would've heard the conversation you'd know why I lost control."

"Louis, I was in high school once. Just tell me what happened."

"Fine..." I started. "Here's the gist of it. Zayn has been fucking my girlfriend this whole time behind my back. Well, now ex girlfriend. Anyway, I'm with Harry now believe it or not. He called Harry a fag and I just lost it on him."

Coach sighed. "Ok."

"That's it?" I looked at him confused. I mean I didn't want to be in trouble, but just ok??

"I know Zayn has had it out for Harry. And he's been making googly eyes at you since he was put on our team as the waterboy." He stated. "I'll figure out a way to settle this, just try to keep calm ok Tomlinson? I hate seeing my team without you as captain."

"Thank you, Coach."

I walked out of the coach's office and headed straight for our field.

Harry was setting up towels. I stopped to walk up to him. "Hey."

"What happened in there?" He asked curiously.

I sighed. "Nothing important, Coach is taking care of it. Let's just say Coach sees straight through Zayn's bullshit." I smiled at him and kissed his forehead. "My place after practice? I have something for you."

He nodded his head at me as he smiled. He was blushing already. I loved seeing how head over heels this kid was for me. I barely had to do anything and his eyes were bright, his smile was glowing. It was a nice change.

* * *
"So are you going to tell me what happened?" Harry asked as we pulled into my driveway.

"What do you mean?"

"With Zayn and Coach. I want to know."

"Fine."

"I told coach the truth and he took my side because you've been making googly eyes at me since he made you waterboy." I said.

"Coach said that?" Harry said turning bright red.

"Why so red babe?" I teased.

"I just didn't think anyone could tell I liked you, let alone coach."

"Yep. He knew. The whole time." I teased. "Anyway. Don't you want to know what I have for you?"

He nodded happily. We were sitting in my living room now. I went up the stairs to my room to get my gift for Harry. I was saving up money for an anniversary gift for Eleanor, but I'm so happy I was able to get it for someone much more special.

"Ok, close your eyes Harry." I said, coming down the stairs.

As I walked down, he had his hands over his eyes. Such a little cutie. I placed the small box into his lap and sat down next to him.

"Go ahead, open it" I stated, encouraging him.

He opened up the box to see a gold Michael Kors watch. "For me?" He said quietly.

"Harry, I know this wasn't a smooth ride," I started, "but you mean a lot to me. I'm sorry that things didn't start off right, but I at least want this moment to be right. I haven't formally asked you out, so I wanted to make sure you knew how I truly felt."

"Lou-"

"I'm not finished." I said, putting my hand up to his cheek. "I want you to be mine. And I don't just want this to be physical because I know that's how it seemed when I was on a break with El. I'm serious about you."

Harry looked the happiest I have ever seen him once I finished my words and looked up at him. His eyes were beaming. He leaned in to kiss me.

"I never thought this day would come." Harry said softly.

* * *
Harry's POV

"So you're official?" Liam asked as I eyeballed my watch in the hallway.

"Yep." I said. "Liam, I need to talk to you about something."

"What?"

"I'm sorry for letting you kiss me while things were complicated with Louis. I shouldn't have let things go as far as they did. I just want you to know you're my best friend, and no one could ever replace the relationship we have. Who else can I talk to chemistry about on a daily basis for fun?"

Liam let out a laugh. "It's ok Harry."

"Good, I was afraid things would get messy between us with Louis hanging around."

"No.. I'm actually glad." He admitted.

"Did I just hear the word glad come out of your mouth?"

"Yes Harry," He said with a chuckle, "it's relieving a lot of feelings I've been holding on for quite too long."

I assumed he was talking about what happened between him and Louis.

"Thank you for putting up with everything too, Liam."

"Oh, I don't intend on going anywhere anytime soon. We are best friends." He said with a smile.

________________

Sorry this is kind of just a filler/fluff chapter. I know, I know. Two years later. I apologize. I've been meaning to get back into writing. Hopefully it sticks. Thank you if you're still reading this or if you're a new reader. I appreciate it all ❤️

- Amanda Styles [6/27/2019]