Chapter 9 - Threats

Chapter 9 - Threats
Harry's POV

"So did Louis show up?" Liam asked, standing by me at my locker. I assumed he was still mad at me, and I'd be all alone today.

I nodded. "Why wouldn't he?"

"Because making plans with someone and standing them up is something he would do."

I just let out a sigh. I didn't feel like arguing with Liam over Louis. "I thought you were mad at me?"

Liam shook his head in disagreement. "No, I was just upset."

I knew Louis was a touchy subject for Liam, but I still didn't like Liam taking that out on me. I mean, I'm allowed to hang out with whoever I want. Just because I'm hanging out with someone Liam doesn't like, doesn't mean he should lash out at me. I didn't want to say anything now, because he wasn't mad anymore.

"Are you okay now?" I asked. He nodded in response.

"Sorry." he mumbled. I just nodded back, repeating his actions.

* * *

I sat in the library, reading my English book 'To Kill a Mockingbird,' which I'd surprisingly never read. I notice someone moving in my peripheral vision and looked up to see Louis sitting down in the chair in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"Ms. Arthur just broke the news we're having a pop quiz tomorrow. She gave us the hour to study. I knew I'd need your help." he explained.

"What's it on?" I had chemistry two hours after Louis did.

"Mitosis."

"Oh that's easy. You just have to remember IPMAT."

"What the hell is IPMAT?" he asked, sounding like I'd confused him.

"It's the steps of mitosis. Interphase, prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase. Just remember IPMAT and you'll do fine."

"You're such a nerd." Louis said, smiling at me. He bit his lip to hold back from laughing. I looked down at the table as I blushed. "You just get so lost in this stuff."

"I can't help it," I defended myself.

"I'm only joking," he said with a smile. "Thanks for helping me with all of this."

"Yeah, no problem." I said, going to open my book back up.

"Harry?" he said, hastily. "Do you think you could go over it one last time?"

I smiled before nodding.

* * *

I laid towels down on the bench, as the team started filing out onto the field.

I felt someone hit my shoulder and almost fell forward. I looked up to see Zayn with a smirk on his face.

"You know," Zayn started, "one day Louis won't be here to protect you."

I just rolled my eyes as he walked away.

_____________________
Sorry I haven't written forever....and this isn't that good. But I have ideas!! You just wait 😉

-Amanda Styles [2/4/15]