010

it was the next day and taylor laid in bed exhausted. after she got back from nelson's yesterday, she went out to dinner with austin, teagan, and scarlett.

after they got finished with that around 8:45, they went to the movies and got done with that at 10:20 ish.

she came home and played fortnite with noah for like an hour just to spend more time with him because she felt like she didn't spend enough.

it was 11 am and a notification from facetime showed up. saying nelson was facetiming her. she was confused but also happy he called her.

she didn't look her best at the moment considering she just woke up but she answered anyways. she kept her face out of frame and only showed her shoulder.

"heyy taylor." nelson spoke. taylor slightly laughed, "hi nelson." she replied.

"what are you doing?"

"i just woke up, you caught me at a bad time." she admitted. "so that's why you're not showing your face?" he asked, grinning from ear to ear.

she nodded, even though nelson could barely see her doing so. "yeah. but anyways, what are you doing?"

nelson faked a yawn, "i just woke up too but i'm showing my face because i always look good." he teased. taylor rolled her eyes, "you obviously didn't just wake up. you're not even in your bedroom, you're in your living room."

nelson shrugged, "i slept in the living room."

"well what'd you call me for?" she asked. "i just wanted to talk to you twin. i didn't want to text because then i don't get to hear your annoying voice." he explained.

"you know, you don't have to insult me every time you want to compliment me." taylor spoke. "it's not like you've ever complimented me." nelson breathed.

"what? yes i have!"

"no you haven't."

"i have and you know it."

"whatever, can i come over?" nelson randomly asked. taylor smiled, "ohh so that's the reason you called me. okay." she replied.

nelson smiled and rolled his eyes, "shut the fuck up taylor. can i or no?"

"not if you ask that way." she spoke, a slight tone of annoyance in her voice. "okay, okay, i'm sorry. can i come over taylor?" he asked, but better this time.

taylor put her finger on her chin and put a thinking expression on her face. "hmmm."

"please?"

"hmmm."

"taylor. c'mon."

taylor laughed, "of course you can come over. what time are you thinking?" she asked.

"what about in an hour or two?" he asked. taylor sat up from her bed, "yeah that sounds good." she smiled to herself, letting her face he seen a bit.

nelson smiled, "okay, see you in a bit." taylor nodded, "yeah, bye."

"bye."

taylor ended the call and shut off her phone before she stood up and stretched a bit. she opened her room and walked downstairs. noah and jeanie were both at the bar, eating homemade banana pancakes.

"morning!" taylor called out. they both turned around and made eye contact with her, "morning baby." jeanie replied.

"morning tay." noah mumbled. she was excited to hangout with nelson so she was pretty fidgety and found herself smiling a lot when she didn't mean to.

she walked around the bar and turned around to grab a white plate out of the kitchen cabinets. noah furrowed his eyebrows, "why are you so happy?" he asked, slightly grinning.

"nelson's coming over in an hour or two. is that okay mom? i know i didn't ask so that's my bad." taylor replied as she turned back around.

jeanie had a sip from the glass of milk she had before responding, "of course it is. i'm not picking him up though, does he have a ride?" she asked.

taylor nodded, "yeah, cassie. his mom." taylor didn't actually know if nelson had a ride but she assumed he did.

noah leaned forward on the bar, "nelson's coming over?" he smirked. "i thought you two were just friends?" he teased.

taylor picked up two of the banana pancakes before pouring like a gallon of syrup onto them. she smacked her lips together, "we are just friends."

taylor knew that was the truth even though she desperately wished it wasn't. jeanie and noah laughed together, "no you two aren't." jeanie spoke.

taylor gave her a weird look, "mom. yes we are. drop it." she ordered. jeanie and noah gave each other a glance before jeanie looked back at her plate and shrugged.

taylor discreetly rolled her eyes at jeanie's actions. she hated when noah and jeanie would look at each other like that, whenever they gave their "looks" whenever they disagreed with something taylor said or did.

taylor poured herself a glass a milk and found a seat next to noah as noah told their mom about his plans for the day.

taylor pulled out her phone and watched tiktok for a bit before switching to snapchat and then switching to instagram.

harlan speaks 🗣️

rlly short chapter but it's this way bc of what the next chapter will be

and i'm js trying to give y'all a break from the long ass chapters i've been writing 😭 lol

anywayss thanks for all the support i've gotten so far! reads, votes, and comments are rolling in and i love it

byee