016

"so how'd it go?" jeanie asked taylor on the ride back to the house. taylor smiled, "it was good! i basically just talked to romelo the whole time, but i feel like i got closer with everyone. it was really fun." she replied as she stared out the window.

jeanie looked at taylor through the mirror, "anything happen with nelson?" she asked. taylor felt her smile drop, "i guess. he tried to talk to me a few times but i just kept avoiding him. he actually ordered for me while i was in the bathroom, and i didn't even ask for him to! it was kinda annoying i guess, but he got exactly what i would've gotten for myself so it was kinda weird honestly. then once it was over and we were waiting outside, it was just me and nelson so you can imagine how that went." taylor explained, raising her eyebrows.

"did you guys talk?"

"yeah we did," taylor mumbled, she felt tears again and her stomach started to hurt once more. "i said stuff to him that i really didn't mean but i had to mom! i couldn't let him know i was hurt by what he did. i mean we weren't even dating at that time so wouldn't that just be embarrassing for me to be sad?" taylor added.

jeanie sighed, "baby, i'm sure nelson wouldn't make fun of you for how you're feeling. i've only talked to that boy about five times, but each time, let me tell you, he always brought you up. i know he really liked you tay, and i'm sure he still does! he just messed up." jeanie responded softly, not wanting taylor to become even more upset.

taylor furrowed her eyebrows, suddenly getting defensive. "are you defending him?" she hastily asked. "what? no, no, no. tay that's not what i'm saying! i'm saying that you shouldn't feel embarrassed because how you're feeling now is completely normal to this situation." jeanie quickly replied.

"are you saying i should give him another chance?" taylor asked, slightly hopeful her mom would say yes but also hopeful her mom would say no. taylor was stuck at a crossroad here. she didn't know what to do.

"tay, i believe that whenever you get the chance, you'll decide. you'll know what's right and your heart will tell you what to do."

"what do you mean when i get the chance? i don't understand." taylor mumbled in return. "all i'm saying is that it's up to you." jeanie replied, glancing back at taylor in the mirror.

taylor crossed her arms and glared out the window, desperately wishing she could switch spots with someone else's life.

if you told taylor a month ago that she'd be upset over nelson neumann, she'd be in absolute disbelief and wouldn't believe it for a second.

———

it was 10:30 and it was set that baylen was coming to pick noah and taylor up at 11:30. she had exactly an hour.

she took all her makeup off around 9 so it looked like she was heading to sleep, so she began applying it back on. making it so it was the third time in one day she was getting ready.

once she was finished with her makeup, she decided to curl her hair just for fun. and because she wanted to look her best around baylen.

she felt butterflies in her stomach just thinking about him and how'd they be talking for at least 15 minutes none stop since that was how long it took to get from their house to the party.

it was around 11:01 when she finished hair and makeup. she rummaged through her closet, looking for something to wear.

she wasn't sure what people would wear to these type of things. people in movies that went to parties always would wear scandalous clothes or ridiculous costumes that taylor was sure no one actually wore to parties.