014

once the two teens finished up their 1v1, cam called them over, telling them how he wanted to begin the video.

———

nelson ran his hand up and down taylor's ponytail as she finished up her call with her mom, "yeah, i promise to be home by 8."

"okay, make sure to text me when you want a pickup!"

taylor nodded, "yes mom, i will."

"okay, have fun. i love you."

"i love you too." taylor replied before ending the call. nelson removed his hand from her hair, "so?" he asked hopefully.

taylor broke into a smile and nodded, "she said yes!" she responded. nelson and taylor planned to go hangout at nelson's house for an hour or two then go to this team dinner rwe was having. and to taylor's surprise, she was actually invited and wasn't a plus one.

cam strolled over to them, "what'd jeanie say?" he asked taylor. she turned her attention to cam but could still feel nelson's gaze on her, "she said yes!" she answered his question.

"yuh, that's good. alright, y'all gon need a ride?" cam asked us. taylor turned her gaze back to nelson, waiting for him to answer since they'd be at his house after all.

he studied taylor's face, his eyes wandering down to her lips. taylor felt her face heat up a bit, "uh, probably." she quickly spoke, trying to distract nelson and cam, hoping they wouldn't see the obvious blush on her face.

cam nodded, looking between the two teens several times before speaking up, "alright. when it's time and y'all are ready, just text me and i'll come get y'all. make sure to watch the time though because i ain't being late to this dinner."

nelson and taylor agreed with cam and then got picked up by cassie. taylor and cassie talked the whole car ride to their house, leaving nelson to stare out the window.

once they got there, nelson grabbed onto her hand and lead her up to his room, shutting the door behind them.

taylor laid down on his bed, "this bed is so comfy nels." she breathed. he grinned, "i know. i love it." taylor stared at him from across the room, having a sudden urge to kiss and be all over him.

he sat down next to her, staring down at her, making her even more eager to lay a hand on him. they just looked at each other for a second, nelson running his eyes all over her face. "you're not very slick with that, you know that right?" taylor asked, laughing.

nelson laughed, "slick with what?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. taylor sat up, "checking me out." she spoke, before placing her hand on his neck and pulling him in.

she felt nelson smile into the kiss before his hands found their way to the back of her neck and the side of her face.

taylor felt her phone vibrate from the back of her pocket. she internally cursed out whoever was currently calling her.

they parted and taylor awkwardly apologized as she reached for her phone to see who was calling her. it was scarlett. scarlett? taylor thought that was weird.

i mean they're close friends, they're on the same team, they know quite a lot about each other but they never really texted or called unless it had to do with the group chat.