019

taylor woke up to the sound of her alarm clock. she set it at 7 am so she could make her mom hurry and make breakfast so they could open presents earlier than they have in the past.

she slipped out of bed and opened her door, she was greeted with the smell of freshly cooked bacon and what smelled like pancakes or some other sweet treat.

she let her mouth form a grin as she ran downstairs, almost slipping numerous times from her fluffy socks.

"mom, is breakfast ready?" she asked as she stepped into the kitchen. jeanie peered over her shoulder to look at taylor, "someone's awfully happy." she observed.

"i just can't wait for breakfast, i'm starving." taylor shrugged.

"5 minutes and it'll be done." jeanie spoke, turning her attention back to the pancakes she was flipping.

taylor nodded. she walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. she looked at the presents and the tree and smiled, she was excited to open them.

———

taylor, noah, and jeanie were all in their small dining room as they ate together. "i didn't ask since you got home so late last night, but how was the gingerbread competition?" jeanie asked.

taylor smiled at her question as she shoved a piece of bacon into her mouth. "um what competition?" noah asked confused.

"yesterday tay went to nelson's house to-" she began but got cut off. noah turned his head towards taylor, "nelson? seriously? i thought you were mad at him." he asked.

"i'm not anymore. we made up and everything's back to normal. and speaking of nelson, could i go hangout with him at like 12?" taylor asked, making the most out of noah's question.

"on christmas?" jeanie asked, clearly disappointed. taylor tilted her head to the side, "please? i won't be gone for the whole day and i already told him yesterday i have to be back for our special dinner." she pleaded.

jeanie sighed as she ripped apart her pancake with her fork, "sure." she replied.

taylor felt her mouth form into a grin once more upon hearing jeanie's answer.

the rest of the morning was good. they finished up their breakfast and opened presents. taylor helped clean up all the trash before she took a hot bath and began to get ready to go to nelson's.

———

she was laying on nelson's bed as he looked through his room for the new nintendo he got. he told taylor about it and since taylor loved playing games on nintendos, he made it his mission to hurry up and find it.

he eventually found it and handed it to taylor. she smiled at him as she muttered a thank you and turned it on.

it didn't have many options for games so taylor just picked mario cart. "i'm gonna start up a live tay." nelson spoke, earning a nod from taylor.

"hey y'all!" nelson called out to the live. he then panned the phone towards taylor, "and i have the one and only, taylor with me today." he walked towards her shoving the phone in her face.

she side eyed him as she pushed the phone away from her, "you're gonna make me lose nelson." she firmly spoke. he slightly laughed, "instead of an ipad kid, taylor's a nintendo kid. just look at her." he showed the live taylor as he laughed.