Destiny

All these students are so annoying, Guy thought to himself as he navigated the halls of Shadow High. None of them understood him. Every time he's tried to make a friend, it's gone poorly. He figured it was because everyone else was too shallow to appreciate his wisdom. They were intimidated by how smart he was.

It figures high school would be just like middle school.

He continued down the hall bitterly, his mind on other things. Like how lonely he was. Distracted, he found himself slamming into someone else.

"HEY!" they cried.

Guy gathered his bearings and adjusted his glasses, making eye contact with who he bumped into. Some girl with hair covering her eyes. "Watch where you're going, dickwad!"

Guy just rolled his eyes. Typical.

"Don't roll your eyes at me!" she gave him a rough shove, slamming him back into the lockers. He froze. She was REALLY strong for a girl. And that hurt! What a bitch! Now his shoulders hurt...how could he write NOW?

But that's when another voice cut through his thoughts. "Gale!" A mass of pink hair stepped in between him and that bitch. "Would you leave him alone! He didn't do anything wrong!"

She kept scolding the girl, but Guy could barely pay attention. Who was this mysterious girl? Her hair looked so soft...and...he leaned in just a bit. It smelled of citrus soap and chlorine.

Eventually, Gale, the bitch who shoved him retreated and the pink girl turned to face him.

The entire universe seemed to freeze before him. She was the single most beautiful creature he'd ever seen. Big eyes, soft hair, smooth-looking skin, dazzling smile...it was like she'd stepped out of his dreams.

"I'm sorry about her," she said apologetically. "Are you alright?"

He barely registered that she'd spoken. What a stunning creature...the kind of beautiful one wrote poems about...the words spilled out before he could even think. "Are you single?"

She seemed surprised, and it immediately brought Guy back down to Earth. DId he really just say that? What a fucking loser he was. Of COURSE she was probably seeing someone. Some popular muscular dude, probably. This was so embarrassing. "Forget I said that," he added, quickly, feeling his face grow warm. The last thing he needed was some Chad beating him up for hitting on his perfect girlfriend.

A few suspenseful seconds passed before she broke into a stunning smile and laughed. Laughed...at him? Her laugh was just as perfect as she was. "I am, actually," she said, amused.

His heart immediately sped up. She...was single? She laughed at what he said? She...stood up for him? Oh my God....I have a chance!

He returned to consciousness just in time to wave goodbye to her. He hadn't caught her name, but he knew it was no matter. This wasn't just a chance encounter. It was destiny.

This was true love.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Nixie felt her pace quicken as she and Guy approached her dorm. She was so excited to see her parrot Opal again! Not that they'd been apart long, but she always missed her beloved pet whenever they were apart.

They reached the door and stopped. She turned to Guy, who smiled at her. "Here you are, my dear," he said, bowing dorkily. Nixie couldn't help but laugh. They'd only been friends a few weeks, but he was such a funny little guy.