Reily

It'd been a few months of being Reily. It was strange, but Razz felt better than they had back at that college. They'd been jumping from couch to couch, hotel to motel, living off her father's money.

Luckily, since her dad didn't care about her or her life, he never asked questions. She just told him there were no more forms. Just keep putting money in her account. And he did.

It worked fine.

Razz was fine.

They did odd jobs all over to keep busy. They walked some old lady's dog named Rooster. They helped an overworked assistant decorate for an office party. They made balloon animals at a kid's birthday party. Anything to keep busy.

Sometimes she'd slither into a college party or bar to try to grab a drink. Alcohol was fine. It wasn't amazing or anything, but they didn't hate it either. Not that they really had much of a chance to enjoy it. Every time they tried to party, they'd run into someone.

A girl who just had a breakup. Someone who needs someone to hold their hair while they throw up. A guy who had too much and needs to go home. And they'd take care of them. No matter what.

Old habits die hard.

So they don't go to many parties anymore.

In their free time, they've taken up art. Well, they've made art for a long time, but now she's expanded. Razz recently started teaching herself how to animate. The slow, tedious process was weirdly comforting, and it was a hobby that wasn't self-destructive, so...yay.

It had been a nice day out. Sunny, warm, Springy. So Razz took their art tablet to a local park. It had a little bit of everything. Picnic tables where friends and couples meet for lunch. A dog park. A playground for the little ones. And one particular tree that she liked to lean against. It was far enough away not to bother anyone, but close enough so she could people-watch. And it usually offered a LITTLE shade. It's the littlest things.

She'd just started her warmup sketches when she heard someone approaching. They looked up to find a little girl, watching her curiously. She couldn't have been older than 5 and was missing one of her front teeth.

"Umm.," she started in that cute way kids always do. "Would you...play with us?" she swung her arms back and forth anxiously, and behind her were a couple of other kids, watching intently.

"Me?"

The girl nodded. "I...we...we were playing princess, but Emily doesn't wanna be the dragon and I-I was already the dragon and- but we umm need one to play the game." Razz couldn't help but smile. She was so darn cute. But why was she alone?

"Isn't somebody watching you? Why don't you ask them?"

The girl thought about it for a minute. "Taylor's nanny isn't-umm isn't a good dragon. She doesn't do it right."

Razz glanced past the girl, looking for the nanny in question. Razz spotted her, and she wasn't much older than Razz herself. The nanny looked up from her phone long enough to make eye contact and shrug. If SHE was ok with it..."well..." Razz slowly put her tablet away. "Alright, but just for a little bit."

The girl's face lit up and she ran back to her friends. "She said yes! Guys. guys she's gonna do it!"

It was silly. But Razz just couldn't say no to little kids. After all, she'd have given an arm and a leg to have someone play with her like this when she was their age.

"Ok girls, what should I do?" Razz kneeled down to their height, listening to the girls explain their little game.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆