Chapter 1 - The Matrix

Your POV:

239's arrival was unexpected, and at first we thought we were as good as dead. However, the scenario which we were given wasn't much better than that. We were divided into two teams: D-class against MTFs, guards and scientists, and we were supposed to participate in various competitions in order to earn points. The team that scored the most points would be allowed to leave the facility with their lives and bodies intact. The losers on the other hand, would suffer a fate worse than death. The MTFs were completely harmless, and even the infamous O5 Council couldn't do anything as they were trapped with us. All of us were given separate rooms to rest in, and the next day we would face our first challenge. Having woken up, I was brought to the canteen, which had been transformed into a massive scene with futuristic technology chambers in one of the corners.

- Welcome contestants! - We were greeted by 239's happy, yet malicious smile. - You already know the rules of this competition, but let me remind you....For each challenge you will be earning points, the team which scores the most points, wins the entire show. You will be granted immunity, nobody is going to hurt, nor kill you, and that includes you 682... - She glared at her brother, who looked the other way with visible disappointment. - However, that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. If you willingly decide to annoy us, or other contestants, you will be eliminated from the show...

All of us knew what elimination meant, and nobody wanted to test if she was telling the truth or not, so we all sat in complete silence.

- Now... Your first task was brought to you by ou... - She tried to speak until a loud sound from a computer interrupted her. - C'thulu, you are responsible for the transmission, what was that?

- Apparently somebody made a donation in order to send a message, even though I hadn't enabled this option myself. - 2662 responded with a slightly confused expression.

- That was my doing. - 079 spoke through the intercom. - I was curious if anyone would find this option or not, but don't worry, I have turned it off now. We don't want people spamming us with donations, at least not yet.

- Hold on, let me read this message... "How do you pronounce your name correctly?". Well, thank you for the five bucks, it is impossible for humans to pronounce it correctly, because you need a second, smaller tongue in your throat for this, it is C'thulhu... - He spoke it in a way no one could say it correctly. - But I am fine with any other pronunciation of my name.

- Well, back to the topic now... - 239 said, opening the chambers from a distance. - Each team is going to choose 5 volunteers, who are going to attempt this challenge. You will be sent into a simulation designed by SCP-079, and your goal is to escape within a 24 hour mark. Each person, who successfully escapes, will score 1 point for their team. If all five team members escape, you will be given an additional point. You have five minutes to choose your contestants.

After she said that, a five-minute timer appeared in the air, and all of us started discussing, who to send. At first I didn't want to go, but ultimately my friend, Amanda, made me change my mind.

- You have tried to be nice to the SCPs in the past, perhaps if you show them, that you are not afraid, they will treat you slightly better than the rest of us? - She spoke, trying to get me to volunteer for the first round.

- I don't know, I have some experience with lucid dreaming, but I doubt it will to be the same... - I responded, unsure how to react.

- We need five people anyway, and if you go, I will also participate. - Fine. - I reluctantly agreed. - At least we will have two people in the game.

Together with Amanda, we had volunteered to participate in the competition, and in the next few minutes, three more people volunteered to participate. Slowly, we approached the simulation chamber and entered it, and as it closed, it connected to our brains, sending a painful impulse through our body, which made me lose consciousness.