Chapter 15 - The winner takes all

Your POV:

The day of the final competition has come, and this one was going to be a tie breaker for all the marbles. Stress was eating me from the inside like an everything-devouring swarm, which doesn’t leave anything on its way until it destroys the entire existence. As my team gave me some reassurance when I entered the room, I knew all of our lives were dependent on my performance.

As I glanced at Natas, he didn’t seem particularly scared. He looked like he was extremely self-confident and ready to win this game at any cost. As we both entered the room, Siggurós grabbed her microphone and spoke to us to announce the beginning of the final round.

- After twelve rounds we have ended up in a stalemate position, so in order to find the winner, we are going to rise up the stakes. - She spoke as her glare penetrated our souls. - All the previous competitions were designed in order to keep you away from killing each other. This time however, your burning hate is going to deliver the decisive strike. Y/N and Natas, you will be fighting against each other armed with nothing more but kitchen knives. It isn’t the fight until the first blood… It is a fight until one of you dies or gives up… Surrender is an equivalent of your and your team’s death… Those who earned the Golden Ticket will be spared from the purge, even if their team gets defeated…

Golden Tickets were given to some people, whom SCPs liked the most during the last twelve games. The tickets were given in a complete secret, and nobody was allowed to mention them until the games were over. It was considered a prize, as if you continued to fight like before, you wouldn’t get killed after the challenges were over. I got my own from Abel after the sword fighting round, and from what I knew, out of around 400 contestants in total, there were less than 10 Golden Tickets given away.

- However… - Siggurós continued. - If any of you has it, it is not going to save you if you surrender or get killed. I wish you two the best of luck, and may the better one win… - She spoke and teleported back to her place, as the room started shifting into an arena.

It lasted for a few seconds, but eventually it has been transformed, and two knives teleported to our hands. One to mine, and one to Natas’ hand. As we looked at each other, our eyes filled with anger and fury, and started approaching slowly, but steadily.

- You know Y/N… - Natas spoke as he started getting closer. - Killing you isn’t just going to be my job… It is going to be my pleasure… As I take away your life… As your warm blood drops on my hands… I can promise you, I am going to enjoy this… And after I am done with you, I am going to pull our your liver, bring it to Sun Jung, and then we are going to spend a night together…

- Natas, the only thing which would satisfy her in bed would be your body hanging on the opposite wall as she uses it for throwing darts at it… - I responded as SCP-953 visibly facepalmed when he said those words, and also because somebody in the chat wanted to help Natas, by sending a donation aimed at Sun Jung “Fox waifu is the best waifu”.

- Not true! - She yelled at me from her seat. - A glass of good wine and some chocolate would also make me happy!

- That can be arranged foxy… - Natas tried to flirt with her, which only made her more angry.

- You know what? I didn’t want to say this, but… - She took a deep breath before yelling extremely loudly. - AFTER YOU ARE DONE WITH HIM, BRING ME HIS LIVER Y/N!

- Hey! - Natas yelled back. - I was supposed to bring you hi… - He wasn’t able to finish, as I closed the distance and jumped at him with a knife, slashing it and aiming at his throat.

Unfortunately, he managed to dodge it at the last second, and almost immediately tried to stab me, which I was barely able to avoid. After that he aggressively continued his attacks, while I continued moving backwards and dodging as much as I could. At one point his knife got dangerously close to my body, but I somehow managed to block his arm for a brief moment, and slashed at his face.