Chapter 4 - A meeting with a good old "friend"

Your POV:

The fourth day of our competitions began, and none of us got a good amount of sleep. As it turned out, the SCPs threw a massive party, during which they were talking with people watching this show, who were spending a ton of money just to send their personal donation messages. The biggest problem though was SCP-682, who got drunk even more than C'thulu when he is raging in multiplayer games, and even SCP-239 was struggling for over two hours to keep him silent, until she decided to perform a /mute command in real life, and remove his mouth completely, thus making him unable to speak.

It helped only for a few minutes, after which he started running around in circles, destroying everything in his way, which forced all SCPs to gather together and put him down to sleep, which took another half an hour, but even when it went silent again, most of us couldn't sleep anymore.

A completely different thing was the stream chat, who divided itself into two factions, known as "chaos bringers" - Those, who supported SCP-682, and in order to bring even more chaos, tried to spam the chat as much as possible, and "999 enjoyers" - Those, who were cheering on the SCPs to finally put him down.

When we were brought to the main room, 239 apologized for her brother's behaviour, while 682 was laying in a magical cage, with his mouth still removed from existence, but with a glare saying "You are all dead to me". All in all, we were asked to choose eight random people from each team for a yet unknown competition, and of course the entire team immediately pointed at me.

"What did I do to you?" I asked with disappointment, which was immeasurable, but immediately realised that my day was ruined.

"Nothing, it is just the fact that we don't want to go ourselves." Leif spoke with a slight smile, until we saw 035 standing behind with an even bigger grimace.

"Then how about you go and accompany your friend as a second volunteer?" He said with a lusty voice.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you are a lovely person, and I know you wouldn't let your team down. And if you get to the top three in this game... I might even give you a small kiss as a prize~"

"Eh... You and your flirting, are you ever going to stop it?!"

"I am afraid that with your sweet face around me, it will be impossible." - He spoke with a flirt in his voice, which made my friend blush.

"You are unbearable."

"I know."

Leif stood in there for two minutes, until eventually agreed to participate, but not before giving 035 a big slap on the face. Or his mask, which in his case is basically the same thing.

Slowly, we found all 8 volunteers, and we were introduced to our opponents. Of course all of them were D-class, but one of them, was the person I despised with everything I had. It was a guy who was a pain in the ass for me in my first job, and one of the main reasons I decided to change it. It didn't matter how much I tried, as he would always disregard everything I did and yell at me for no reason, all in order to please his own ego. At this point I found out why my friend warned me about this job, because apparently there was a massive mobbing in here just because of this one asshole, who for some reasons had connections in the police, and people were unable to remove him or get him arrested.

When I was done with him and resigned from that job, I found another one, where I was quickly noticed by the SCP Foundation who saw me as a valuable potential staff member. They offered a really good salary, and even though it was more dangerous that other jobs, I decided to accept it. For a long time I hoped I wouldn't have to see Natas again, until he eventually also landed in here, but as a class D personnel.