Chapter 9 - A Triathlon on a smaller scale

Your POV
Ultimately the D-class team won the previous competition because of their Dirt&Worms, which resulted in the score 2:1 for them. It wasn't looking good for us, but on the other hand, we still had a decent advantage, and there was no time to complain, as it would only make our situation worse, and possibly even get someone hurt.

Our team sighed, while the D-class cheered in happiness. Thankfully, we had the remaining day for ourselves, and only after we woke up, we were all called into the cafeteria by Siggurós. She explained how the next challenge would look like, and it was going to be a competition of three disciplines: Running, swimming and riding a bike. Each one of them would be worth one point, which meant we could get up to three points maximum.

This was looking pretty even, because some D-class members were extremely athletic. On the other hand we had MTFs, who were going through particularly extensive training sessions in order to stay in shape.

>>What?!<< Someone shouted from the back, and as I turned around, I wasn't surprised it was the one and only Natas. >>Do you know how athletic the MTFs and guards are?!

Of course he was going to be pissed. After all, he was still mad after 682 forced him to eat the chocolate statue resembling male genitalia. As he was complaining, suddenly SCP-682 forced him to go silent:

>>Oh shut your mouth Natas! If you don't, I promise I'll get another one of these delicacies and shove it down your throat!<<

As he yelled at him, I was able to hear some other D-class members rolling in the aisles, but they were also silenced by Siggurós, who said that each team needed to choose someone for each discipline.

After a bit of thinking we chose three MTFs named Jessie, Edgar and Joe. The D-class selected Randal, Clara and Alex, who were looking the most athletic out of all of them. Joe almost instantly told us that he was scared of water, so Jessie was going to give her best in the first competition. Our group started cheering her up, and when the first round began, Jessie was already wearing a swimming suit and goggles. When C'thulu gave her and Clara the start signal, both of them jumped into the water and started swimming to the other side, which was 1 kilometre, or around 0,62 miles away. Of course Siggurós had to make it a bit longer than a usual swim, or else it wouldn't be interesting, and everyone in our team was cheering for Jessie, while D-classes were screaming towards Clara.

>>We are not going to win this one... With the way that Jessie is swimming, she'll never catch up to her...<< Amanda said, as she already had experience in swimming.

Unfortunately she was right, and despite Jessie doing her best, the round has been won by the D-class team, who roared happily as Clara crossed the line first. Except for some researchers, nobody was mad at Jessie, because she was doing her best, and for this particular MTF formation, swimming wasn't a part of their daily training.

As I looked at the D-class team, I saw Natas smiling at me with a visible disgust on his face. However, I was really hopeful for the next round, because Siggurós announced the bike race. This time Joe was going to participate, and when C'thulu gave the starting signal, both him and Randal started riding as quickly as they could. This time, the race was 10 kilometres, or around 6,2 miles long.

Our MTF Joe was giving his best but apparently this D-class used to participate in extremely long bike races in the past, and his physical condition seemed more appropriate than Joe's, so unfortunately our team lost once again. After around five more minutes, another announcement was made:

>>The final round: Running! Your goal is to run through three kilometres, or around 1,86 miles as quickly as possible!<< Able spoke, because Siggurós was absent for some unknown to us reason.