Chapter 11 - Playing a game of cat and mouse

Your POV:

Since the last competition, both of the teams have fallen into complete chaos. Our team was on the verge of securing our winning position, and all we needed was to score two more points, which would guarantee us the victory. Somehow in all this chaos one of our friends, a level 3 researcher from light containment zone managed to break his leg so badly, that there were a few open wounds with the bone sticking out of it, and additionally a good part of it was completely shattered.

Luckily for him, SCP 239 quickly used her reality bending powers to patch him up faster than if we had used SCP 427. However we didn't have too much time to think about this accident, because shortly after we were called for another competition, where we wanted to secure our victory.

"Alright everyone, it has been a few days already, the livestream is even more popular than before, and today you are going to experience something we have never done before. "She said, while SCP 106 chuckled, before adding:

"And get ready for it, because on any other occasion, it would be an experience to die for." He spoke with a slight sadistic laugher.

Along with a few other people I gave him a confused look, because this wasn't a particularly helpful hint. C'thulu wasn't in the room, because apparently he became so popular with this livestream, that some people invited him to a team for some kind of competition. I wasn't sure which game it was, but I knew that either he was going to completely obliterate his opponents, or get his butt beaten so badly, that he will destroy another keyboard. And yes, this has happened in the past already.

One of the D-class members was about to ask Larry for the meaning of this, but before it happened, all of us got teleported away to two separate rooms. Both arenas were separated by a thick glass wall, which was probably strong enough to stop even SCP 682 ramming into it at full speed. Having looked around, I saw that around twenty people, including Diana, were wearing mice costumes.

"At first we wanted to make this a warm-up round, but because of a meeting which I have to attend today, we are going to turn this into the first round." She said, while Diana quickly asked her:

"Whom are you meeting, and what's with the mice outfits?"

"About the first one, you will find out in the future, about the second one, you will need it, trust me. This competition requires you to score three points by throwing a basketball into a golden hoop. Each time you do it, it will add one point to your score for this round." She responded while manifesting basketballs in our rooms before adding: "Good luck!"

At first most of us were confused, because we couldn't see the hoop, and while we were wondering what to do, suddenly from the ceiling a large, animated Japanese cat known as Maneki Neko was dropped. At first it looked really cute for us, until it used one of its claws to make a really deep scratch in the glass wall. Only after it made this damage to the wall and jumped at the nearest person wearing a mouse suit, did we realize that it wasn't going to be pretty.

A loud scream from that person went through our ears, and people in mice costumes immediately began running as far away from the cat as possible.

"Great, what are we even supposed to do?" Diana asked, while one of the junior researchers Carshen responded:

"Considering there is a golden loop on its neck, I think we have to try and get the basketball in there, while using the mice people to distract it."

"Okay, so I am supposed to be a sacrifice, great..." Diana spoke while Carshen chuckled.

"We cannot die in these competitions, remember?"

"Doesn't change the fact that I don't want to be eaten alive."