; veneer // prison buddies ⛓️

[ found this art on pinterest, i see the watermark, by eggychaze i think?? 😭 i love this art thooo, it's so cute 🤭 ] -also i'm adding it below bc the images don't show above for some reason 😭

anyway 😒.. INFO !!!
- this takes place in jail, cause in the end of the movie velvet and veneer get arrested 😭

RELATIONSHIP TROPE: strangers to prison cell roommates. 😍

enjoy ❤️!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > 💌

[ 2nd person pov ]

you had been in prison for about two weeks, but you swear on everything, you are innocent.

honestly, you feel like if you just plead 'guilty' right now, your sentence will be reduced. but really, you don't wanna, you don't wanna admit to a crime you never did, and have it under your name forever.

but today is a sorta exciting day, you heard you're getting a cell-mate..or whatever people say when referring to a person you share a room with in prison..
but that part doesn't matter, what matters is you won't feel so lonely.
true, you might be a little nervous over the fact that your roommate could be some sort of psycho, but you have some hopes that they are just a normal person, and you can get along with them.

it was well past afternoon, you sat on the top bunk, throwing a ball that you randomly found up and catching it in your hands for some source of entertainment.

when suddenly you jolted up, feeling your room shake a little. the bars were being opened.

[ y/ns pov ]

i peer over the bed, watching as someone gets harshly thrown into the cell.

my gaze doesn't shift from them, seeing as how they got up and brushed themselves off, while scoffing and turning around at the prison guard as they shut the gate.

"pft- wasn't very nice now was it?" they said, crossing their arms.

i notice they seem to be a guy, very bright green hair and white skin, but his back was turned to me, so i couldn't see.

"why would i be nice to you?" the prison guard rolled their eyes, their voice being very raspy as they talked.

the green hair boy seemed to ignore that comment and looked around, he seemed to miss me with his gaze though.

"am i alone?" he asked, oddly concerned.

"no?" the guard said, as if he was stupid.

"look up there," the guard pointed.. pointing at me.
i didn't even have time to react or anything when my eyes shifted over and met with his.
my eyes widen and i quickly moved away, out of sight. the bunk was high enough so he couldn't look over without climbing up, so i was out of his view.