p1? ; spruce // hard to get 💔 HUMAN AU

[ my art 😍 also PLZ ignore that random ass cat filter on the bottom image i drew it on him as a joke BUT I FORGOT TO DELETE IT AND I SAVED IT... IHML 😭 honestly doesn't even seem real idk how i messed up like that 😕 at least it looks alright??? 😞😞 ] ALSO IGNORE THE :3 FACE 😭  and he looks a little girly, i struggle drawing guys 😞

 IHML 😭 honestly doesn't even seem real idk how i messed up like that 😕 at least it looks alright??? 😞😞 ] ALSO IGNORE THE :3 FACE 😭  and he looks a little girly, i struggle drawing guys 😞

anyways 😔😔 STORY INFO !!!
- spruce = past bruce. this is when brozone was in its prime 😎
- requested (REQUESTER IM SORRY FOR TAKIING ALMOST A MONTH TO GET TO THIS...)
- y/n is the consort manager for brozones songs 😼

RELATIONSHIP TROPE: obvi hard to get 😮‍💨🙄

enjoy ❤️!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > 💌

[ y/ns pov ]

"anddd...now thats done," i mumbled, crossing off a check box on a to-do list i made, writing on a clipboard.
right now i'm getting everything prepared for the upcoming concert, featuring brozone.
i'm their manager, i make sure everything's rightfully decorated. the merch stands are out, and of course food stands and such.

the concerts not gonna be until tomorrow, and i like it when it's perfect, obviously that's not always the case though.

the brothers act like typical siblings, meaning even when songs go well, it could be better. but it's okay! we're all kids anyways, i mean we're just teens. but the leader doesn't see it like that. john dory, he's a year older than me and acts like the boss every chance he gets.

he likes it perfect too.
but there's a difference between him and i when it comes to perfect.
the difference is that if things don't turn out as perfect, i don't freak.
but he does.

and i notice that stresses and angers his brothers.

especially spruce.

i always see him muttering and growling under his breath, annoyed and such cause of something JD did. it makes me feel bad, but i tend to ignore it. it's not really my business.
i'm only the manager, i mean yeah i'm actually sort of the guys friend as well but only by a little.

anyways, i decided to go meet back up where the brothers were, i had finished my job of preparing the outside.

i stepped into a brighter room, having it be night time at the moment.
i walked down the side hallway, finding a room with string beads for a door.

i lifted the beads out my way, entering into the room, already hearing the bickering.

"this is stupid, i'm the leader! listen to me!" john annoyingly exclaims.

"whatever bossy mic boss face," clay mumbled, rolling his eyes.

john growls frustratedly from the stupid nick name.

"don't call me that 😡," he scowls.

while they continued to argue, i passed by them and sat my clip board down.

i saw floyd watching off to the side, he looked annoyed and stressed, but then he saw me and perked up.

"hey y/n," floyd muttered, walking closer to me, he sounded like he was trying to be quiet to not drag some attention over.

"what's going on?" i questioned.

"oh, y'know.. the usual," floyd shrugged, sighing.

i lightly scoffed, looking back at the two boys bickering.

i noticed spruce randomly, him and i randomly made eye contact for a split moment, but i looked away.
i knew he didn't look away for a little while, but i felt his gaze finally shift off of me, which prompted me to glance at him through my peripheral.

when we made eye contact, he had a relaxed wide-eye expression, but when i looked back at him, i saw a huge frown on his face as he glared at john.

i huffed, tossing my head back.
my large burst of actions had caught the attention of ..honestly everyone.
i took the opportunity to take some action.

"you guys need to shut...i mean stop it. you're singers, performing tomorrow with lots of fans. so stop fighting and do something useful like rehearsing. don't be immature." i spoke sternly, specifically talking to clay, and john, but mostly john.

"psh.. whatever.." john mumbled, walking to a corner as he grabbed some lyric papers and started to briefly go over them.

clay didn't say anything and walked into another room near by, a dance room, probably going to practice his moves.

i felt a pat on my back, "thanks y/n," i heard floyd say behind me, as he walked off to practice something as well.

i looked behind me to see floyd leave, and when i turned back forward i was quickly taken aback from spruce. in my face.

he had a smirk on his lips, "that was kinda cold, don't you think?" he chuckled, leaning back as i shifted around him to begin to walk again.

"dunno, but it worked." i retorted, as he followed behind me.
he pushed the stringed bead door over so i could walk.

i kept walking, giving a small thanks as he did so, and then he kept following.

"yeah, you right." he replied to what i said. "of course it'd work with you though, you always know what to do." he mutters.

i glanced at him, "do i?" i questioned, skeptical.

"yuP," he popped the 'p'. "you always save the day. that's what i like," he hums, rolling his head to the side.

"hm," i nodded in response.

.
.
.
then it got a little quiet.

i felt his eyes stare daggers at me. not in a threatening way, but in a way as if he was trying to see me clearer. like he wanted a nicer reaction.

but when nothing happened. he leaned back and scoffed.

"hard to get," i mumbled, stretching his arms.

"maybe i'm hard to get cause i already have a partner." i replied.
"you do??" he spoke, shocked.
i turned to face him.
"no," i laughed. "seems like you care if i do or not though... you love me?" i snicker. jokingly teasing.

he didn't reply for a while, it made me think he left.
just as i was about to look. i heard him.

"what would you do.. if i said yes?" he asked, his voice sounded smooth, playfully as well.
.
.
i cant think of a response to that.
i don't know why, nothing comes to my mind once he said that.

"i'm going to bed," i said plainly.

"no response?" he questions.

"i just responded, didn't i?" i smiled.

he sighs, i turn to him as i began to walk away, leaving him as he had stopped.

"hard to get, right?" i spoke from afar.

"uh-huh!" he laughed in the distance
i scoffed, shifting forward so i was facing in the direction i was walking.

the place we have rented for our concert is a mix of a hotel like thing, so we have our own rooms here.

i entered my room, changing my clothes and lying down.

i felt relaxed.

but the question in my mind still accrued.

"do you love me?" it rings.
.
.
do i?. . . .
.
.
nahhhh 😎.

or?-

[ end 😫 ]

okay SO, i was thinking of making this one of two parts, because i wanna post this rn but i know it's not finished, so if you guys want, i'll do a part two 😭 let's say i need over 5 people to get me to do it 😼😼

xoxo y'all 😘