13

TREVANTE POV

"Hey mama, thank you for watching her for me" I said as she handed Ivory to me, since she was sleep.

"No problem, she's always the sweetest lil thang. How'd your interview go?" My mom asked.

"Pretty good. Same ole questions. When did I get into acting, how do I feel about my movie bout to come out, what was the most challenging part" I said and she chuckled.

"Yeah you're used to it at this point" She said laughing.

"Absolutely. And they ask about Janet too" I said.

"I bet. That was your love." She said.

I smiled a little saying "Yeah, we been hanging out alot more. With Ivory and everything, as a family unit"

"How's that going?" My mom asked.

"Perfect. I can't complain at all. We on good terms, great terms actually. I call her every morning and night, make sure her and Ivory straight you know?" I said and my mom gave me a look before she chuckled saying "Mhm"

"What" I said laughing.

"Y'all been getting mighty close again" My mom said cheesing, I laughed again.

She loves Janet. Always did, always will.

"I mean yes, that's the mother of my child and I'm gone always love her." I said.

"Mhmmm. I love to see it, you make sure to tell Janet I send my love okay?" My mom said.

"I got you mama" I said.

"Oh and here, wrapped you up a plate to go" She said handing me a plate with foil wrapped around it.

"What's in it?" I asked.

"Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, collard greens, yams and corn bread" She said.

"Yeah I'm finna tear this up" I said and she laughed saying "I know you are. Be safe okay?"

"I will, love you mama." I said.

"I love you too baby" She said as I left the house with Ivory in my arms, walking to my car.

-

JANET POV

I was finishing up my hair which damn near took all day to do, but I took breaks in between time.

I finished dying my hair back blonde, I straightened it and all but I don't feel like doing the rest of the straightening till tomorrow. I was too damn tired.

So I just threw it in a bun for now and called it a mothafuckin night for it.

I put my blunt in my mouth, turning on my music so I can wind down a bit, and the song "I'd rather be with you" by Bootsy Collins started blasting

I lit my wood up, sitting on the edge of my bed, inhaling first, before exhaling and blowing out O's.