54

TREVANTE POV

I heard loud noises coming from downstairs of Janet's house and I scrunched my eyebrows sitting up in the bed, waking up.

I looked over but Janet wasn't next to me.

I looked at the time and seen it was 8:30 in the morning, and I knew Janet wasn't here. She told me she had to be at the salon at 6 in the morning for a celebrity client so.

I smelled food, so I put two and two together and realized it was Aunt Rubi cooking.

I got up from the bed and put my sweats on, and a t-shirt on. Then I slid my Nike slides on my feet, making my way down the stairs.

"How do you like your eggs?" I heard her ask Ivory.

"Scrambled" Ivory said back.

"Okay, you're gonna help me so wash your hands and let's get to work" Aunt Rubi said to her.

I just stood by the steps for a moment, listening.

I could see Ivory rubbing her eyes and sighing a little as she started the sink and started washing her hands.

She would still be sleep by now, since it's the weekend. But I could bet money aunt Rubi woke her up.

"Now what?" Ivory asked.

"Pull out the bread and the milk" She said to Ivory.

Ivory opened the fridge and pulled out both, and aunt Rubi said "I'll make some French toast as well. So Ivory, what grade are you in now?"

I walked in the kitchen seeing Ivory handing her the bread and the milk while saying "Kindergarten"

"Lord have mercy, seems like yesterday you were pissing in the bed." She said to Ivory and I scrunched my eyebrows before chuckling, and I picked Ivory up giving her a kiss.

"Morning baby girl" I said.

"Good morning daddy" She said with a smile before I put her down.

"Morning aunt Rubi" I said.

"Good morning." She said back. "Now Ivory, you not talking to any little boys in school right now are you?" Aunt Rubi asked her.

"No" Ivory said.

"Good. Because all they want is your goodies, so don't you open up your legs." She said to Ivory.

I furrowed my eyebrows and cleared my throat saying "Excuse me aunt Rubi, but I don't think this conversation is appropriate. She's 5 years old."

"Exactly. You guys need to tell her now." She said.

"Not that." I said. "She don't even know what that is, and-"

"Oh please. Ivory your father has always been a fuss bucket." Aunt Rubi said and I just looked at her, taken aback.

I don't even know why I'm surprised. She always oversteps her boundaries which was why we wanted to put her in a hotel in the first place.

"You know what? Ivory why don't you go upstairs and run your bath water aight?" I said to Ivory, and she nodded her head and ran off to head upstairs.

I rubbed my face trying to contain myself because me and her always bump heads for whatever reason when she comes to town. But I'm trying to stay on my best behavior for Janet.

I went up the stairs quickly and into the bedroom, grabbing my cell phone.

I called Janet immediately, and it rang twice before she answered saying "Hey babe, good morning"