Chapter 7: The Cursed Amulet

Amber wept and wept. She had no idea where she was and was completely lost. "Amber?" a voice called out in the distance. She recognized the voice and realized it as Alberto's. "Alberto!" Amber wiped away her tears and followed the voice. She ran and ran until she noticed a bright red light. As she got closer, she noticed it was a red choker with a red ruby in the middle. Amber thought it was so intriguing. "I wonder who left this here. Maybe this amulet can replace my other one while I look for it," Amber said to herself. She put on the choker around her neck. When she did this, she had a strange feeling but it was a good feeling. She shook it off. She kept thinking about Alberto but also someone else more powerful. Amber kept walking through the woods. She kept having a throbbing pain in her head and her whole body ached. As she kept walking, she hid behind a tree when she heard something coming her way. Just then, a big buck dodged past her. Then someone else was coming as Amber kept hiding. "Slow down! Come back!" said the voice. She noticed the voice and peeked out. It was Ercole! Then Ercole ran off into the forest. Amber knew something was up and followed Ercole quietly.

     Amber was out of breath. Once Amber stopped running, she was face to face with a mountain range and a deserted town. "What is this place?" Amber said quietly. She heard voices in her head...including Alberto's. The voices in her head were pounding, like a drum and she couldn't get them out. Then, the choker she wore pulled her suddenly toward the mountains.