Home again.

We flew home without me wearing the headgear.

She told me what controls she used for acceleration and I used those.

We made it there in a third of the time and Dad saw how distraught we were.

"What happened?" He demanded.

"Dad. Look at this." I said, pulling out the antenna and handing it to him.

"It's a control device that was attached to her neck when she fell a few years ago.

Humans made the booster pack for riding purposes and were going to force falcons into servitude against their wills.

The headgear in the booster pack. It's for training new riders and, if I hadn't found and removed the antenna, she could've been seriously hurt!"

I cried, shouting in anger.

"You care about her that much?" My mother asked.

"Yes!" I shouted.

"Son! Get ahold of yourself and do not yell at your mother!" Dad commanded.

"Yes sir. I'm sorry." I said more calmly.

He hugged me and said.

"Listen. You found the antenna and removed it. Then found out what it was for, right?"

"Yes sir."

"That's the best scenario, then. You should be proud, knowing that you protected her from a horrible experience." He said and I could tell that he was happy and proud.

Perina pulled the booster pack off and removed her chest bag.

Opening it, she said.

"I have the medicine, here.

I still had quite a bit more than I thought but, I'll still need to get more."

She was holding a strange blindfold.

"I'll put this over your eyes and treat you. I thought that I was out of these eye covers, but I found one in the bottom of my medical bag earlier

They're fully adjustable as they're designed for falcons ranging from fledgling to adult.

Since you don't move your eyes, I won't need to numb you to keep you from moving."

She went to my mom and placed the eye cover on her head.

Adjusting it to ensure that it sealed against her skin, she made futher adjustments after telling my mother to say something when she feels something touch her eyes.

When she was finished, Perina reversed the adjustments slightly.

She, then, took a bottle out.

"I have the amalgam eye treatment, here, and it is not the amalgam that insinuates the use of mercury.

It is painless and, truthfully, you shouldn't feel anything, at all, beyond gentle to mild discomfort."

"Alright." My mom said.

"I'm going to treat you with one-fifth of the amount used for a falcon, as your eyes are much smaller.

First, however, do you feel anything strange or different?"

"Yes. It feels like something is touching my eyes, again, but it's not uncomfortable."

"Good. That's normal or I wouldn't be able to treat you, otherwise.

It's the medical seals. They've properly contacted and sealed onto each eyeball.

I'll start now."

Perina took out two metal syringes that had threaded screw attachments.