𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

⇛𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝘂𝗻 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗻⇚

𝟯𝗿𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗣𝗢𝗩‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

𝟯𝗿𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗣𝗢𝗩
‧˚₊꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒷꒦︶︶︶︶︶꒦꒷‧₊˚⊹

"So, you're telling me that I'm the great alpha?!" Four-year-old Moon asked one of the elders, looking up at the projection lit by the blue crystal as the rest of the kids watched in awe.

"That's correct, little pup, and when you're older, you'll be able to lead us to the moonstone so that we can charge our necklaces and live for another 100 years." My mother added the elder while stroking her daughter's cheek.

"So cool," Willa mumbled, scooting closer to Moon and giving her a bright smile, to which Moon returned.

"But listen up closely, though, Moon; not only is your protection of the pack important, but you're also mating with Willa," my father stated firmly, and Moon and Willa looked at each other.

"When you reach puberty, you're going to be going into something called heat, and only your mate can help you fix it," he said.

"What is heat?" Moon asked.

All he did was give Moon a look, and all of the kids went "ewww!!" While laughing loudly.

"Moon and Willa sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" The pups taunted, and Moon tackled one of them and started tickling them wildly while the adults watched with smiles.

"Ok, pups, let's take that playing outside." One of the elders said, and all of the kids dashed out of the den.

"Willa, Wynter, Wyatt, come with me!" Moon exclaimed, grabbing their hands and leading them deeper into the forest. Being the oldest of the four, she was usually the most adventurous.

"Wait, Moon, we shouldn't be this far; we'll get in trouble," Wynter said, looking around at her surroundings.

"It's ok, Wyn. I promise we'll be back in no time," Moon said, giving her little sister a smile that calmed her a little bit.

After playing around and hunting small animals, Wynter wanted to leave, but Moon didn't, so Wyatt voted to take Wynter back to the den while Moon and Willa stayed back.

"Hey! I wanted to give you something!" Moon said this and dug into her pocket, grabbing two bracelets and putting one on Willa's wrist before putting the other on her own.

"What's this?" Willa asked.

"It's a mate bracelet my mom told me that she was going to give to us when we got older, but I couldn't wait, and I took it," she said.

"Basically, if we were ever separated and somehow found each other, the little charms would glow," Moon explained while Willa listened, her eyes lighting up as she looked down at the bracelet.

"But that shouldn't matter because we'll never get separated!"

"What if we do?" Willa asked with a slight frown.

"Then I promise to find you and our pack, and I'll lead us to the moonstone so that we can stay wolf-strong for another 100 years," Moon said.

"Your promise?" Willa asked.

"Pinky promise," Moon said, connecting her pinky with Willa's before taking her mate's hand and kissing her on the cheek, which made Willa's face heat up, and Moon let out a laugh.

The next thing they knew, gunshots ran through the woods, and the sounds of screams and rapid footsteps were all they heard.

Moon instantly grabbed Willa's hand and ran through the woods as flashlights shined on them and hunters yelled as they pursued the pups.

They kept running until Willa fell to the ground, crying out in pain. Moon quickly turned around and saw her mate with a bullet wound in her leg.

Moon quickly ran towards Willa and supported her since the hunters were still on their tails. Eventually, Moon found a little crawl space-just enough for one person to crawl through.

"Get inside," Moon ushered.

"What? No! What about you!?" Willa asked.

"I'll be okay, I promise. Just please hide. Ok, I'll come back for you!" Moon said, holding Willas' small, trembling hand.

Both, with tears in their eyes, hugged each other tightly for what felt like forever but was only 10 seconds.

"I promise I'll always find you, Wills," she whispered to her mate.

The sounds of hunters grew louder, and Moon quickly pulled away and hid Willa before taking off.

She didn't know how long she was running, but she must have made it far because she reached a small town that was flooded with fence lights and small run-down apartments.

Moon hugged herself and walked further into the town.

She decided to pick a door and knocked on it.

Seconds later, a small boy with green hair opened the door and looked shocked to see her. "Dad, a wolf is at the door!" He yelled behind him, and Moon whimpered at his tone, which the boy seemed to have noticed and calmed down.

An older man came from behind the kid and leaned down to Moon's height. "Hey kid, where's your family?" He asked.

"I don't know. I was in the woods, and hunters came after us. I just kept running and running until I got here, and I don't know how to get home." Moon weeps in tears.

The man gave her a sad look before engulfing her in a hug. "It's ok, kid, let's get you out of the open and cleaned up, eh?" He asked, and she nodded.

"Ok," she said, taking the man's hand and walking into the house.

"I'm Zed, by the way!" The boy said happily, and Moon gave him a shy smile.

"My name is Moon, Moon Barkowitz."