Chapter 14: Lies

The sun dipped low in the sky as Hiro met Osamu at a small park nestled within the bustling streets of Osaka. They stood side by side, their civilian clothes blending seamlessly with the passersby. The scent of fresh cherry blossoms wafted on the gentle breeze, momentarily distracting Hiro from the weight of the secrets he carried.

"Osamu, there's something I need to tell you," Hiro said, his voice heavy with emotion. "My parents... they created the Mach technology." He glanced over at Osamu, who stared back at him with rapt attention. "But as they worked on it, they grew to fear what others could do with such power. It was their dying wish to have all the Machs destroyed."

"We new about your parents, Mary was one of our own. But that was her dying wish?" Osamu asked, astonishment evident in his voice. "The fact she is dead is what surprises me. But I have some information for you as well." He hesitated before continuing " The Canadian government has a fully operational Mach department and they won't give it up so easily."

Hiro's eyes widened, his heart pounding like a wild drum in his chest. "What? That can't be true."

"Unfortunately, it is," Osamu replied solemnly. "It would be safer for you to go into hiding and figure out a plan because dismantling the Mach programs of two countries on your own is not possible."

"But how did the Canadian government get the technology?" Hiro asked, his anger flaring. He clenched his fists tightly, his nails digging into his palms.

"Most likely, the Japanese government sent them over as a way to by our government's silence," Osamu explained. "But I agree with your parents' decision to destroy the Machs. This technology is far too dangerous, and it's already caused so much death and destruction. I want to join you in your pursuit of destroying them, Hiro."

Hiro breathed deeply, trying to process the flood of new information. He thought about his uncle, who had always been there for him. Could he really put his loved ones at risk and could he trust Osamu.

"Osamu, I appreciate your support," Hiro said slowly, his gaze fixed on the ground. "But how can I trust you. I can't trust anyone until I know the truth."

"Understandable," Osamu nodded. "Just remember, Hiro, I'm here to help you, no matter what. Together, we'll get the answers you deserve and bring an end to this dangerous technology."

"Thank you, Osamu," Hiro whispered, still unsure if he could trust this government agent, and being sure not to give him to much information. With a new ally by his side, he felt a renewed sense of determination, maybe he could end the Mach programs. And with that, they set off, with Osamu taking Hiro to the bus stop.

-----

Daiki's footsteps were silent, a skill honed by years of experience, as he trailed Hiro and Osamu through the bustling streets of Osaka. He clutched his phone tightly in hand, capturing photos of Hiro for the Canadian government. Despite the noise of the city around them, he strained to catch every word they exchanged.

Daiki watched as Hiro pulled out his phone, quickly adding Osamu's contact information. Hiro's guard had dropped so fast, Daiki marveled at Osamu's ability to gain trust. This teenager would be their key to finding the other rogue Machs.

"Osamu, I'll try to find Mach 9. If we can destroy her Mach without causing any more damage... that'd be best," Hiro said, determination shining in his eyes.

"Sounds like a plan," Osamu agreed, nodding resolutely. "But tell me, how did you come across a Mach yourself?"

Hiro hesitated, his fingers tapping nervously against his phone. "On my birthday, there was a package on my doorstep. I don't know who left it there, but it contained a Mach."